What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So this morning with my mangled tounge I smoked my usual Olive G Maduro and planned on sticking to just cigars for the next few days till my tounge healed, but we all know that's not realistic :). So here I sit with a dilemma and a weak will for the pipe. My rationalization ended up with me reaching for something that I rarely pack in my pipes. Yes I went for an aromatic! It's actually a tasty black cav that you could chief down on pretty hard and it just doesn't seem to lose its cool. In my rationalization I figured out that if I went for the cav I wouldn't have to worry about further irritating my damaged mouth and I was right. This blend is a bulk from my tobacconist called queen city. He has three black cav blends that all smoke extremely cool, but only smoking aromatics on occasion I rarely smoke them, but they are pretty tasty. If anyone out there has any info on why these would burn cooler I would be interested in learning about it. All you BOTL have a good day and may your smoke be cool and smooth!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I read somewhere that people used to think it was the heat of the smoke but they now know it is in fact chemical burn.

Sorry to hear about your mate. Thoughts are with you.
Thanks man.
Yea I read it can be both. Most tongue bite is chemical from a difference in pH between your tongue and the baccy and certain ones it doesn't matter how slow you smoke them if your mouth pH is different it's gonna get you. But it can also happen in a different way from heat. Either too dry, too wet from the steam, packed too tight or too loose can play a roll or just chiefing down on it and smoking it like your in a race. Mine definitely came from smoking too fast. I have blisters on the top of my mouth :( and my tongue is just shot.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Good morning all my new BOTL! I'm really enjoying this site! But on a more serious note and not to dampen your day. I sit down last night to relax and smoke my evening bowl. I had packed up a bowl of constellation in my trusty apple briar lit it and got a phone call. I hadn't seen this name/number pop up on my phone in years so I answer it. On the other end I hear a sobbing voice saying please tell me everything is OK! So naturally I said "everything is OK". She was the ex of my old roommate and friend of 25 years who after letting him stay at my house for six months to help him get back on his feet after moving back from Portland with nothing except a dog was shot and killed on the street. She was having a breakdown and I tried my best to console her but it created a lump in my throat and caused my stomache to churn. It also made me agitated and anxious which I was not aware of at the time. I thought I was handling it pretty well, but when I got off of the phone with her I realized that I had just ripped through the whole bowl and my tounge was completely fried. I woke up this morning and lit up my morning cigar it was ruined. Everything that I smoke tastes like I put a spoonful of baking soda in my mouth first and the warmth of even the cooler smoke is irritating it. So now I'm trying to suck on ice and let it heal. One good thing came out of this for me and that is that now I know if anything negative or stressful comes up while I'm smoking a pipe just put it down and come back to it later to wind down from whatever the situation might be. Lesson learned! I hope you all have a good day and may your smoke be cool and smooth!
@Kelon
Try Biotene mouthwash for tongue bite...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Had to drag myself out of bed this morning. I felt like my head was glued to the pillow and my whole body was heavy, but once I was up and got a glass of water I was ready to light up my new Guillermo León! (My mouth still hasn't fully healed but thanx to K Williams advice I got some Biotene and it's starting to feel better.) Now because my palette is shot I didn't get any of the milder flavors but the sweet and leather are Def there. I'm guessing that it's a pretty good med cigar. That I will have to figure out on another day though. I'm still sticking to these cool burning black cavs to avoid any further mouth torture and today I'm going with the coolest of the lot. It's another proprietary blend from my tobacconist called Stadium. It's got a nice sweet tobacco flavor and is missing the hint of vanilla that I notice in the other black cav offerings I've been smoking the last couple days. To be completely honest I can't wait till I'm all healed up though so I can get back to my sweet sweet english and vaper blends! I'm sure that they miss me as much as I miss them! But I'm comforted in the knowledge that with a love like ours we can't be separated for forever.
Well I hope you all have a good day and may your smoke be cool and smooth.