What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my moms birthday party yesterday. While there enjoyed a bowl of Anni Kake in an Amphora X-tra 815 rusticated poker and a bowl of MM American Pride in a no name dublin. Packages were waiting for me when I got home and I had my first bowl of Three Nuns in a no name apple. I really enjoyed the Three Nuns.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rattray's Hal O' the Wind in an MM Patriot with Forever Stem. Nicely sweet tobacco with fruity notes. Burned down to a nice powdery ash.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Squadron Leader in a 1940's Kaywoodie Supergrain. This is a good English that I see as a nice morning smoke. It doesn't, however, stand out enough from other Englishes I smoke to merit a repurchase unless there is a sale.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Today for my second smoke is some Peterson Connoisseur's Choice in my IMP Meerschaum. Very delightful smoke. I have to admit if I didn't Retro this tobacco would be an ok smoke. If I Retro every other draw it adds to the pleasantness of the tobacco. On tin opening I get the Tropical fruit and only every so often from the smoke itself. Other then that it is light Vanilla and a maple rum.. Very nice.

James

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Started with SPC Mississppi River in my cob. Didn't Fulfill my desire of the pipe, so I moved onto DE Heirloom cherry in another cob, then finally Sherlock VaBur (which hit the spot) in my briar.

It looks like my pipe cycle is in full effect, since I haven't wanted a cigar in over a week. Excited with my new pips coming in and excited to start smoking baccy again

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Today is C&D Yale in the bulldog.

UPDATE: I can't say that I would rush out and buy more of this blend. It's rather underwhelming in flavor.

Even in the retro I barely pick anything up.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
51   0   0

UPDATE: I can't say that I would rush out and buy more of this blend. It's rather underwhelming in flavor.

FINAL UPDATE: i'm going to quit this bowl and go eat some tootsie rolls out of the cat's litter box to get the taste of this baccy out of my mouth.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Cob of Ennerdale Flake. Strange flavors on this. Haven't looked into what it is, but has flavors that remind me of English blends, but I like this one. I'm quite averse to English Latakia blends, so I know its not that. It seems flavored with almonds, but I don't know if it's an aromatic, even as quickly as I smoke, its staying cool.

Good stuff this is, I'm going to need to find out what exactly it is and explore that realm.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ennerdale, an Aromatic of the Lakeland variety. Never had the balls to try it myself when the descriptions I hear of the flavor and room note are of flowers and soap. I hear you either love it or hate it.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

FINAL UPDATE: i'm going to quit this bowl and go eat some tootsie rolls out of the cat's litter box to get the taste of this baccy out of my mouth.
Had that feeling once. Funny thing is it was with a C&D tobacco as well... Yale on the other hand for me was a very nice English blend. I found it to be little lacking on Latakia. However sometimes I go back to that as a way to clear off other harder flavor Lats or VaPer. It is like a few others I have smoked of C&D a full flavor smoke for sure. Not one that I would smoke in every pipe everyday. Sorry you didn't find it enjoyable, Maybe in a different pipe it would be more enjoyable.
Smoking some SL in a Arlington str8 pipe. nice smoke for a mid afternoon smoke.
James

PS. Awesome Looking Pipe