What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The grain on that pipe is gorgeous!! A mini review of the baccy would be greatly appreciated as well if you have time.
I'll try, don't do reviews all that well. Has a little bit of a vinegary tin note like McC Virginias. You get the sweetness from the va and spice from the perique. Both seem to be kept in check by the Turkish orientals. Nice ribbon cut that was easy to load and easy to burn. Had no dry time, loaded straight from the tin. As a english/balkan smoker I quite liked it for a change of pace. I would get some more tins for sure and see what some age does for it. As other spc blends, it's high quality.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'll try, don't do reviews all that well. Has a little bit of a vinegary tin note like McC Virginias. You get the sweetness from the va and spice from the perique. Both seem to be kept in check by the Turkish orientals. Nice ribbon cut that was easy to load and easy to burn. Had no dry time, loaded straight from the tin. As a english/balkan smoker I quite liked it for a change of pace. I would get some more tins for sure and see what some age does for it. As other spc blends, it's high quality.
Noted! Sounds like a good review to me!! Thank you much brother.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
SPC Plum Pudding in the Golden Gate poker. This pipe has turned out to be a real sweet smoker. Well worth the $50 I paid for it on Amazon
View attachment 60298
pretty sure we have the EXACT same briar, buddy, and it is a CHAMP for what i originally thought was a cheap eastern european burner. glad yours is treating you well also, and DAMN good choice on the plum pudding. o)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
pretty sure we have the EXACT same briar, buddy, and it is a CHAMP for what i originally thought was a cheap eastern european burner. glad yours is treating you well also, and DAMN good choice on the plum pudding. o)
Thanks buddy! It was the first briar I bought after my Dr G that came in the starter kit I first got. It took me some time to get it broken in being a noob and doing things all wrong, but now it's very forgiving and the English blends just sing in it. MS River and Plum Pudding are almost all I smoke in it, lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend and fellow piper visited me last night. I had a bowl of DNR in my meer and tried some Erin Go Bragh Irish Whiskey baccy that he received in the P&C IPSD grab box. The EGB was a surprise having both a very pleasant whiskey taste and room note. This morning I'm having a bowl of Larry's Blend in a Hilson Bolero.