Great thread.

I've got a huge number of smokes on my "want to try" list currently:
-Headley Grange
-CroMagnum
-Herrera Esteli
-262 paradigm
-3 Reynas
-Illusione "R"

...and there's a bunch more I'm not even thinking of.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Fourty the CroMagnon are the only of the Romacraft I've had. From their first release got a fiver of the Knuckle Dragger and Mandible, both were quite good and and on the "only have one left need to get more" list. I think I had a porter (don't remember what) with my first Knuckle Dragger and it was amazing.

Cheers :ccool:

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Fourty the CroMagnon are the only of the Romacraft I've had. From their first release got a fiver of the Knuckle Dragger and Mandible, both were quite good and and on the "only have one left need to get more" list. I think I had a porter (don't remember what) with my first Knuckle Dragger and it was amazing.

Cheers :ccool:
Nice thanks guess Cro mag it is to start then.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have not tried anything from Cro Mag, but my local just started carrying them and they had a decent looking selection. So they are on my radar. I have also been eyeing the La Palina selection at the shop but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Next on my radar is the L'atelier 46 Special Selection. It has a wrapper from higher up on the plant, I think, so maybe it will have more kick than the 56's I've been smoking? Emerson's has them for about $8 a pop.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Great thread.

I've got a huge number of smokes on my "want to try" list currently:
-Headley Grange
-CroMagnum
-Herrera Esteli
-262 paradigm
-3 Reynas
-Illusione "R"

...and there's a bunch more I'm not even thinking of.
Great list. That Tres Reynas is really good.
That's what I've heard. Bidding on some on cbid...wish me luck!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have not tried anything from Cro Mag, but my local just started carrying them and they had a decent looking selection. So they are on my radar. I have also been eyeing the La Palina selection at the shop but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Ditto on the la palina I think I just got one of those too. FYI the cromag is one line from Roma Craft

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've had one liga in my life, a t-52, so I'm really starting to look for more of those. Anything by DE really. Those are definitely on my next shopping list.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I've had one liga in my life, a t-52, so I'm really starting to look for more of those. Anything by DE really. Those are definitely on my next shopping list.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.
In that realm too...startin to get them here and there both the unico and undercrowns. Plenty of feedback on those already tho lol

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Up next for me is researching the offerings and working my way through Tatuaje and Illusione. I've had a handful from both but I forget what's what and there seems to be a lot of redundancy throughout.
I'm with you on the tats never tried em or even paid attention till I joined here. Not sure where to start with them either but I did just get one from a brother. Would be good to get some suggestions and feedback on those too
With Tat stuff for me the biggest factor is availability when it comes to trying this stuff. Anybody can tell you to go smoke a Pork Tenderloin, a Barclay Rex, or a Boris. But that stuff isn't easy to find nor do you need to smoke this super HTF stuff to get a feel for what Pete is all about when it comes to making quality cigars. Unlike a lot of other boutique brands there is a lot to like about the Tat regular production sticks. My advice would be to try to following:
1. Tat Black Old Man and the C - There are still coffins floating around for $30 and I think these are fantastic smokes.
2. Tat Black Petite Lanceros - Originally was limited with a closed foot but are now regular production stick and they are amazing. I've found them around for $6 a stick.
3. Tat 7th Capa Especial - Simply fantastic and one of my go to cigars. Can be found for about $6 a pop as well.
4. Tat Lil Monsters - These are technically LE sticks but you can find them on the forum here quite often and people want retail or sometimes less. Look for a box between $60-$75
5. Tat Cojonu 2012 - I've only had one but I enjoyed it much more that previous releases. Can be had for about $9 a stick with some looking.

If you're going to grab some I would grab the Old Man and the C's while you still can then the Lil Monsters. The rest will be around for a bit. I'm sure plenty of others could chime in on sticks to try.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Up next for me is researching the offerings and working my way through Tatuaje and Illusione. I've had a handful from both but I forget what's what and there seems to be a lot of redundancy throughout.
I'm with you on the tats never tried em or even paid attention till I joined here. Not sure where to start with them either but I did just get one from a brother. Would be good to get some suggestions and feedback on those too
With Tat stuff for me the biggest factor is availability when it comes to trying this stuff. Anybody can tell you to go smoke a Pork Tenderloin, a Barclay Rex, or a Boris. But that stuff isn't easy to find nor do you need to smoke this super HTF stuff to get a feel for what Pete is all about when it comes to making quality cigars. Unlike a lot of other boutique brands there is a lot to like about the Tat regular production sticks. My advice would be to try to following:
1. Tat Black Old Man and the C There are still coffins floating around for $30 and I think these are fantastic smokes.
2. Tat Black Petite Lanceros Originally was limited with a closed foot but are now regular production stick and they are amazing. I've found them around for $6 a stick.
3. Tat 7th Capa Especial Simply fantastic and one of my go to cigars. Can be found for about $6 a pop as well.
4. Tat Lil Monsters These are technically LE sticks but you can find them on the forum here quite often and people want retail or sometimes less. Look for a box between $60-$75
5. Tat Cojonu 2012 I've only had one but I enjoyed it much more that previous releases. Can be had for about $9 a stick with some looking.

If you're going to grab some I would grab the Old Man and the C's while you still can then the Lil Monsters. The rest will be around for a bit. I'm sure plenty of others could chime in on sticks to try.
THATS what I wanted to happen with this thread. (Yes i overlooked the potential bombings resulting from saying you want to try something so I apologize yet am not responsible for any volleys and/or damaged mail containers ergo ad octo hoc hominem plurubus we missthebus they missedthebus) Excellent and thanks for the opinions. I've seen the old man but the C makes me hesitant lol looks like an old dreadlock but I'm sure ill get around to it. Definitely on the list. Thanks again for the advice

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I recently received a freebie from Panacea and it looks awesome. I'm letting it chill for a bit, but if it smokes as good as it looks I'm going to get a larger sampler.
Which one did you get? they sent me 2 of the 560 white label. they were ok but ive had better$2 sticks

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
THATS what I wanted to happen with this thread. (Yes i overlooked the potential bombings resulting from saying you want to try something so I apologize yet am not responsible for any volleys and/or damaged mail containers ergo ad octo hoc hominem plurubus we missthebus they missedthebus) Excellent and thanks for the opinions. I've seen the old man but the C makes me hesitant lol looks like an old dreadlock but I'm sure ill get around to it. Definitely on the list. Thanks again for the advice
Master Shake gave you a great list. A few other Tatuaje cigars to try are the Brown label J21 and Petite Cazadores Reserva (PCR). The J21 has a Habano Ecuador wrapper and the PCR has a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. The non-Reserva Brown Noella is great with some age but guys like them young too. It's worth exploring.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
LMAO! Yes, the Culebra looks like something out of a ratty ass Rastafarians hair I can get that. But surprisingly enough, they always burn fantastically and as I am a fan of lancero's I love them. They are usually just lancero's in a goofy shape. Just like lancero's they have lots of flavor due to the wrapper/filler ratio.