What's new

What's so special about Padrons?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I picked up couple of Anniversary, Family Reserve and Serie 1926 Padrons and they've been sitting in my humidor for a while now, just never got around to trying them, but what makes these so special? And is it really worth the premium $?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Taste is subjective ... only way to know is to smoke those bad boys!!! For me, Padrons are awesome, totally love them. But that might not be your experience. I say smoke the ones you have and then see what you think!

As with any cigar, try not to overhype them in your mind. Enjoy the few you have for what they are, then after you've smoked a few, you can decide if they are worth the coin to buy more.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I used to think smokable cigars cost at least $15+ but u just realized I was just a newb.
haha, well there are certainly some excellent cigars that are $15, some that are over-priced as well. But there are plenty of great cigars for half that much, especially if you buy online. Unfortunately, some of my favorites are really pricey (like these Padrons), but I like plenty of cheaper ones as well.

What are some of your favorite sticks? I'm sure the brothers can recommend some great cigars that are more friendly to the wallet!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm currently smoking Quesada Espana and really enjoying it but the best part is it's only $8, if you can find anymore of them.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
For me, Padrons are great because they always have great desert like flavors and their construction is always perfect. Always feel like I'm smoking something special when I have one. Just my opinion :)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
... but what makes these so special? And is it really worth the premium $?
only your perception. some people get off on liga, padron, tats, opus. it's a cigar. if you enjoy it, and find it different in good ways over other brands, then it is worth it to you.

personally, i have a love hate relationship with padron; i hate the fact that sometimes to me they are o.k. to good, which seems weak at those price points, but i love that when they are on, and capture your mind completely, they are ON 100%.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I thought the reason for the price is (i.e. what makes them so special) is the fact that they are already aged 4- 5 and 10 years for the 64, 26, and fam reserves. So they are ready to go out of the box. If that's worth it to you AND you enjoy the flavor/experience then they're well worth it. The x000 series are not aged as long and that's why they're not as expensive.

ironpeddler

Ye' Old Newbie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up couple of Anniversary, Family Reserve and Serie 1926 Padrons and they've been sitting in my humidor for a while now, just never got around to trying them, but what makes these so special? And is it really worth the premium $?
One word..."Consistency".

They control the ball on their cigars' contents....and the aging of the tobacco is the key. They rush nothing to market as some others do.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I agree with Ironpeddler.

I smoked 2 of the 1926 series on Sunday. I made a comment to my brutha that Padrons are some of the most consistent cigars from one to the next, that you could ever smoke, but for whatever reason, I hardly ever think about them, unless they're right in front of my face.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
There are padron options in the "yard gar" price range that are excellent smokes..

If you really like the high end paddys.. you'll most likely enjoy the "thousands" series padrons as well...

My local B&M sells the 2000 maduro for about $4.50.. I can pick them up online for slightly less than that if I am willing to deal with Thompsons (I think they sell them for $4.40 a stick)..

One of my favorite daily smokes.. I keep several of them in the humi at all times.. doesnt break the bank.. tastes great.. burns like a champ.. etc..etc..

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I actually got a pardon from Ara yesterday 1964 and I am letting them rest for a while as I've never had a pardon but based on the brothers on here they are beautiful sticks so ill wait on her for a bit before giving it a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
+2 on consistency

Recently smoked a 6000 Maduro from 2004 < would have sworn it was one of the more expensive blends , so if you have some patience, they smoke great ROTT but turn into something special with time

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I actually got a pardon from Ara yesterday 1964 and I am letting them rest for a while as I've never had a pardon but based on the brothers on here they are beautiful sticks so ill wait on her for a bit before giving it a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Honestly with the 64 and 28 no need to rest (other than if your worried about humidity during shipment). They are perfect now. Had a few 28 and 64 I out down for a few years and u thought they lost something

IMO

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
One word..."Consistency".

They control the ball on their cigars' contents....and the aging of the tobacco is the key. They rush nothing to market as some others do.
This. You can smoke the same cigar purchased at different locations across the country ant theyll all smoke the same. G1

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
Recently smoked a 6000 Maduro from 2004 < would have sworn it was one of the more expensive blends , so if you have some patience, they smoke great ROTT but turn into something special with time
+1 Tim. I've had the 6000 Natural with 5 years on em and they are phenomenal. Every one I've shared with so far had the same feeling.