What's new

What's your person criteria for buying something again?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I curious that is why the question? What is your person reason for repurchasing any Cigars again?

I have a little rating system I use:

Appearance: Rating 0 - 2
0 = Could pass for a Cigar.
1 = Is a Cigar. People recognize it as a Cigar.
2 = Quality Cigar no outward appear problems, could be beauty pageant winner.

Burn Quality: Rating 0 - 2
0 = Problems with burn, torpedoing, stem in blend, more aggravation, then pleasure, just burns elcrapo.
1 = Burns with minor problems
2 = stays lit, no problems

Ash Formation: Rating 0 - 2
0 = Ashes up uneven, again problem Cigar we have all had.
1 = Ashs up, but mushroom's ash is uneven.
2 = Perfect even Ash, problem free.

Flavor Profile: Rating 0 - 4
0 = Taste like S***, nothing good to say, taste like straw, no flavor.
1 = Taste like smoke, but nothing stands out.
2 = Taste is there, better then a "1" But not excitement.
3 = Taste some flavor, starts to make me say this is good. Has some attention getting properties.
4 = Taste is wonderful, flavor keep my intrest, I keep say to myself, Wow this wonderful. Me want more.

** I know what my taste buds like, and JMHO. Everyone palate is different.

** Highter numbers being best, 0 = Elcrapo

Anything above a 7 over all is high marks.

8's, 9''s and 10's to me are hard fines.

I keep a list of everything I smoke, I am constantly relating. But I also forgive one or two inconsistant Cigar in a Brand, Blend, or
Size. Size effect flavor, as say a Rubusto could earn a "6 or 7", but a Churchill could be an "8".

That my system for repurchase, it simple, but a tad complicated.:censored:

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well I would add Price is not a criteria that add to anything. I have been pointed to trying something by a B & M Clerk pushed a product. I took home, rested until getting back to proper RH, and Temp.

Lit it up, smoked it, and said what the ____, was so great about that? It did not for me but create room in my wallet, where good money was, spend on what I will politely refer to as a Dog Cigar.

That is why I keep track of ever thing new I smoke, and compare my notes on repetes.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I do not like putting numerical values to something not concisely numerically definable. Flavor, taste, aroma, strength, mouthfeel, harshness level, consistency..... all of these in my opinion cannot be numerically defined, yet are important for whether I decide to buy again.

The way I determine if I will buy a cigar again is on a scale of poor, average, above average, and phenomenal, plus taking into account value for price. This to me, gives a good representation of overall enjoyment. If a stick is overall phenomenal or above average, and a good value for the price, I will buy it again.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am not a big fan of the Cigar Press recommendations, as I understand these magazines in some cases tend to give the the Cigar Manufactures who buy ad space. Great rating on their sticks.

I personally tend to look for what I call Cigars that fly under the Radar of the Cigar Press. I am willing to try a (5) pack of some new I never hear of before. Sometimes you will find the Golden Egg you never were exposed to in your neck of the wood at a B & M.

Sometime you find another Dog, I like finding those Golden Eggs that are what I call reasonabally price good Cigar.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I tend to buy singles or 5 packs that my favorite reviewer says is good he is my favorite reviewer because his palate matches up with mine more than others even though i dont like him much as a person his palate agrees with mine more than others so i watch his reviews

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I tend to buy singles or 5 packs that my favorite reviewer says is good he is my favorite reviewer because his palate matches up with mine more than others even though i dont like him much as a person his palate agrees with mine more than others so i watch his reviews
Who is that Ryan?

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Ash Formation: Rating 0 - 2
0 = Ashes up uneven, again problem Cigar we have all had.
1 = Ashs up, but mushroom's ash is uneven.
2 = Perfect even Ash, problem free.
Why is ash formation a criteria? Are you collecting them for some project? I’ve never smoked a cigar and then said, “That cigar tasted great, burned well, and was priced reasonably, but I’ll probably won’t buy it again because the ash looked weird.”