King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have a 40 count desktop humi that i started with. Moved into a 1.3 cubic ft avanti mini fridge. The mini fridge happened because i was in sudden need of storage and I had it laying around.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
50ct Whitetail Humi that is on day 10 of Boveda seasoning. Got some good smokes to throw in there that need to be in there for a few days cause the ziploc bag they are in is killing their flavors haha
What RH are you seasoning with? Back in the day I took Boveda's advice and went with the 84RH "seasoning" packs. It was a mistake. I season and store everything at 65RH now.

Uh oh... Using 3 84% packs right now for seasoning. on day 11. Humidity reading around 72-75 for the last 5 days.... Should I take the 84s out and put the 65s in there for remaining days and once it levels out just put my stogies in there? Humidity seems to be a little high.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
50ct Whitetail Humi that is on day 10 of Boveda seasoning. Got some good smokes to throw in there that need to be in there for a few days cause the ziploc bag they are in is killing their flavors haha
What RH are you seasoning with? Back in the day I took Boveda's advice and went with the 84RH "seasoning" packs. It was a mistake. I season and store everything at 65RH now.

Uh oh... Using 3 84% packs right now for seasoning. on day 11. Humidity reading around 72-75 for the last 5 days.... Should I take the 84s out and put the 65s in there for remaining days and once it levels out just put my stogies in there? Humidity seems to be a little high.
A lot of people forget the last step when seasoning humidors, you have to bring the RH back down and stabilize it at the number you want. If not, you will have a spike in your humidity and it will be high when you put your cigars in.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

A lot of people forget the last step when seasoning humidors, you have to bring the RH back down and stabilize it at the number you want. If not, you will have a spike in your humidity and it will be high when you put your cigars in.

So would you say that my idea should work? Taking out the Bovedas 3 days early and placing the 65 packs in that I plan on leaving in permanently and let it level out for the next few days?

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Currently 4 full humidors. But I'm also in the process of turning an old non working fridge into a giant humidor. Any insight is appreciated

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0

So would you say that my idea should work? Taking out the Bovedas 3 days early and placing the 65 packs in that I plan on leaving in permanently and let it level out for the next few days?
Most likely, but can't say for sure. I've never used boveda packs to season so I don't know how long that normally takes, but putting in the lower RH packs helps bring it down because it is two way humidification.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a topic that brings out good ideas esp. for those who want to know how to do this economically and still be able to buy whatever cigars they want. I've been smoking cigars for almost 50 years now and have gone through those times where I wanted fancy humidors and bought em...still own them. At the end of the day it's really all about what the individual is looking for and if it works. I've got different set ups that start with nice end tables...fancy humidors...cooleradors and tupperadors. If one is looking to just do it the easy way I'd go with Tupperware....it's inexpensive and you can get any size you want and it's transparent so you can always see through it and look at your hygro and what it's set at. I have two big tupperadors that hold about 500 cigars each and I use those as a transfer when my smaller wood humidors are almost empty. The large Tupperadors are lined with sheets of cedar on the bottom as well as the sides and the lid so the transfer of the aroma of cedar gets to my cigars as I can guarantee you this....I've had these 2 large tupperadors for 2 years and each cigar in there has that aroma.

I have 2 large 120 quart size Coolers....they hold a buttload of cigars and are quite useful but you don't get to see inside of it unless you open the top...that's the only drawback to coolers. If I could go back in time I'd rather have the large Tupperadors....they work just as well as any type of setup there is because I have just about everything there is. Maintenance is quite easy....KL is in every humidor I have and I can choose the RH I want and dial it in pretty easily. At the end of your day it's about what YOU the individual wants.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
This is a topic that brings out good ideas esp. for those who want to know how to do this economically and still be able to buy whatever cigars they want. I've been smoking cigars for almost 50 years now and have gone through those times where I wanted fancy humidors and bought em...still own them. At the end of the day it's really all about what the individual is looking for and if it works. I've got different set ups that start with nice end tables...fancy humidors...cooleradors and tupperadors. If one is looking to just do it the easy way I'd go with Tupperware....it's inexpensive and you can get any size you want and it's transparent so you can always see through it and look at your hygro and what it's set at. I have two big tupperadors that hold about 500 cigars each and I use those as a transfer when my smaller wood humidors are almost empty. The large Tupperadors are lined with sheets of cedar on the bottom as well as the sides and the lid so the transfer of the aroma of cedar gets to my cigars as I can guarantee you this....I've had these 2 large tupperadors for 2 years and each cigar in there has that aroma.

I have 2 large 120 quart size Coolers....they hold a buttload of cigars and are quite useful but you don't get to see inside of it unless you open the top...that's the only drawback to coolers. If I could go back in time I'd rather have the large Tupperadors....they work just as well as any type of setup there is because I have just about everything there is. Maintenance is quite easy....KL is in every humidor I have and I can choose the RH I want and dial it in pretty easily. At the end of your day it's about what YOU the individual wants.
Love to see some of it especially when guys say "cedar lined". I've seen that mean a few sheets or a total liner

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Love to see some of it especially when guys say "cedar lined". I've seen that mean a few sheets or a total liner
I "lined" a coolerador that I used to use.. It was a frankenstein job at best.. just cobbled together a bunch of tops and bottoms from cigar boxes together.. but it worked..

I did a much better job with one of my "traveldors".. I cut and fitted cedar panels (also from a cigar box).. and completely lined it.. mostly just for "show"... doesnt really serve a purpose since nothing stays in there more than a few days.. (but it does look good :) )...

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I "lined" a coolerador that I used to use.. It was a frankenstein job at best.. just cobbled together a bunch of tops and bottoms from cigar boxes together.. but it worked..

I did a much better job with one of my "traveldors".. I cut and fitted cedar panels (also from a cigar box).. and completely lined it.. mostly just for "show"... doesnt really serve a purpose since nothing stays in there more than a few days.. (but it does look good :) )...
what did you use to hold the cedar lining in place?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
One large cooler - primary working stock
One Rubbermaid tub - aging, bomb making material, fishing sticks, etc
One Sterlite tub - cc's
Small Tupperware - wife's infused
Wife's On-Deck Desktop
My On-Deck Desktop

All with HF beads and/or Boveda packs...and still a couple gel jars mixed in one of the tubs

Small pile of empty 20-100 count desktops in a closet somewhere