What's new

Which spirit do you prefer with a cigar?

Which spirit do you prefer with a cigar?

• Single Malt Scotch

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Irish Whiskey

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Tennessee Whiskey

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Kentucky Bourbon

Votes: 44 24.9%
  • Canadian Whisky

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Blended Scotch

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Brandy/Cognac

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Rum

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • Vodka

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Port/Wine

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Make mine a beer

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It's hard to pick just one... My mood varies, usually it's Beer, Rum, Whiskey, or Scotch if I'm feeling up for it. In that order, sounds about right.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I normally sip a vintage Diet Mountain Dew..haha. But I picked up a bottle of the new Makers Mark 46 to start sipping while I smoke. I'm not a rum drinker so I'm not sure if I'll like it. But, I wont be able to find out til November since I'm dieting for a bodybuilding competition right now and can't have ANY alcohol til after the show.

Anyone try the Maker's 46? Any other suggestions for a non drinker to enjoy while smoking?

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Rum actually used to be my go-to drink. I keep a few bottles of Havana Club around, as well as some Zacapa, usually. I like to try new rums, and if it doesn't quite make the cut I treat it like Captain Private Stock-and mix it with diet Dr. Pepper.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Howdy All:

I hope you are well.

I cannot pick just one. Sometimes I go for beer, sometimes rum, sometimes bourbon, sometimes absinthe, sometimes scotch. And sometimes a combination.

Best regards, tony

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked scotch, but also enjoy bourbon, tequila, corona and lime, guinness, murphy's, iced tea or just plain ice water.:smokingbo:clap:

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I gotta say grey & cranberry baby! I just got some scotch that I haven't cracked yet. I heard they were pretty good with cigars....coke & rum goes smooth with a few of my sticks....

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Beer and a cigar just makes my mouth taste like an ashtray. I love beer. I love cigars. But they don't work together for me.
You need a dark roasty malty beer. They go well with many cigars. I like big stouts and aged barley wines with cigars. I think high hops bitterness doesn't pair well with cigars so IPAs, and fresh barleywines are not good candidates.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
You need a dark roasty malty beer. They go well with many cigars. I like big stouts and aged barley wines with cigars. I think high hops bitterness doesn't pair well with cigars so IPAs, and fresh barleywines are not good candidates.
Smoked Porters, Russian Imperial Stouts, Baltic Porters... all awesome. I like to put a splash of Navan in a RIS to give it a touch of vanilla and kick up the ABV.

So no one else likes a dry Gin Martini with their cigars except me? I'm surprised.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Smoked Porters, Russian Imperial Stouts, Baltic Porters... all awesome. I like to put a splash of Navan in a RIS to give it a touch of vanilla and kick up the ABV.

So no one else likes a dry Gin Martini with their cigars except me? I'm surprised.
Sign me up for a dry gin martini with my smokes! I usually go with Bombay Sapphire and make it just a little dirty.

Other than that I enjoy single malt scotch, whiskey, beer (good beer, not the domestic crap), and rum. I'm an equal opportunity alcohol consumer.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sign me up for a dry gin martini with my smokes! I usually go with Bombay Sapphire and make it just a little dirty...
Ever try Boodle's? Most Bombay Sapphire drinkers that I know (including me) have a slight but definite preference for Boodle's, when you an find it.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Ever try Boodle's? Most Bombay Sapphire drinkers that I know (including me) have a slight but definite preference for Boodle's, when you an find it.
I have not, but am out of Sapphire and I'm always looking to try new gins. If it's worth giving a shot, I'll pick up a bottle this weekend for sure.

I see you're in PA. Have you ever had Bluecoat gin? I believe it's locally made in Philly.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not, but am out of Sapphire and I'm always looking to try new gins. If it's worth giving a shot, I'll pick up a bottle this weekend for sure.

I see you're in PA. Have you ever had Bluecoat gin? I believe it's locally made in Philly.
Definitely give the Boodle's a shot (no pun intended :eyebrow:). I don't think you will be disappointed. Yes, I have tried Bluecoat. It's very nice, but more heavily citrus flavored than I prefer. I would definitely drink it if offered, but I wouldn't buy it. And yup, it's a local beverage, which is kind of unusual here in Philly.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Definitely give the Boodle's a shot (no pun intended :eyebrow:). I don't think you will be disappointed. Yes, I have tried Bluecoat. It's very nice, but more heavily citrus flavored than I prefer. I would definitely drink it if offered, but I wouldn't buy it. And yup, it's a local beverage, which is kind of unusual here in Philly.
It'll definitely be my next purchase from the liquor store. Thanks!

And for Bluecoat, I'll keep an eye out for it. I like citrus, but not too much over the top. if I can find it at a reasonable price I might just check it out.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
A lot of good choices there... for me it's

1) Rum / Bourbon (these two battle for first place)
2) Red Wine or Port
3) Scotch
4) Beer
5) Coke / Root Beer / Cream Soda

I also drink water with my cigar a lot, probably water about half the time and one of the others the other half.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I'm with you on the Bluecoat... but I remember it to be "medicinal" tasting, if that makes any sense? I'm newer to Gin (as opposed to craft brews), but really fell in love with Hendrix Gin after liking Sapphire. Old Raj, too!

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I'm with you on the Bluecoat... but I remember it to be "medicinal" tasting, if that makes any sense? I'm newer to Gin (as opposed to craft brews), but really fell in love with Hendrix Gin after liking Sapphire. Old Raj, too!
Hendricks is great as well. It makes a good martini. I wasn't really a fan of it with tonic though. Old Raj makes the one with saffron, right? I have a coworker who's been meaning to try some.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
The only think I know about Old Raj is that my buddy made me an Old Raj martini at his bar, knowing full well I wanted a Hendrix martini. I guess he did this just to see my reaction, which was, "Holy crap!!! This is the best Hendrix martini I've ever had!!"

He replied, "that's because it's an Old Raj martini." Ever since then, I order those every time I see him at his bar, but haven't gotten off my lazy butt to research anything about the actual gin.