What's new

Which spirit do you prefer with a cigar?

Which spirit do you prefer with a cigar?

• Single Malt Scotch

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Irish Whiskey

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Tennessee Whiskey

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Kentucky Bourbon

Votes: 44 24.9%
  • Canadian Whisky

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Blended Scotch

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Brandy/Cognac

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Rum

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • Vodka

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Port/Wine

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Make mine a beer

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Legendario. But for the last 6 months, I've had people all over the world looking for it for me.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Learning some more about Scotch and it seems the only ones I like are the Islay scotches. Smokey, peaty, and much more flavorful than the other regions, in my opinion. I really think Islay scotch pairs great with a cigar. Also, for the bourbon lovers (like me) the Islay scotch has a lot of the same qualities of a good bourbon...
Smokey, peaty Islay scotch, eh? Tried Laphroaig yet? :)

I mostly drink water with my cigars, but if booze is involved, I'm all over the map. Johnnie Black and Appleton Estate Rum are a couple of my go-to's. Just picked up a bottle of Wiser's 18 Canadian Whiskey and a bottle of cask strength Blanton's that I've been reaching for more often than not.

-Charles

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
in order:

I was wrong...

Single malt scotch!
Bourbon (Knob Creek but thinking about Blanton's after bud at my B&M turned me on to some)
Bourbon barrel-aged stout
Dark sipping Rum

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Beer is my number one choice, especially Anchor Steam. I find it doesn't discriminate my palate when I'm smoking, allowing me to enjoy all the flavors of my cigar. If no beer available, I'm all over rye whiskey as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had the idea that a sweet liquor would go well with a cigar. I learned that it defintely does not! All that sweet gunk seemed to coat my taste buds and make it impossible to enjoy the finish after a puff.

Maker's Mark bourbon works well.

But I finally decided that something simple like cherry flavored sparkling water suits me best while smoking. I'll save the bourbon for later.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
It all varies with me... when I smoke? where I am at? What I am smoking? Did I just eat? What did I just eat? Too many variables to decide... :dunno:

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
If there are any SINGLE MALT SCOTCH guys out there... You need to try

THE BALVENIE
DOUBLEWOOD
12 year

:bottle:
Indeed. Balvenie is one of the best single malts to pair with cigars, imo. Glenfiddich works too if you get something above their 12yo (the 21 is a favorite), and it is also a Wm. Grant & Sons brand.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All time favorite is Talisker 18 single malt... and I can't find anymore anywhere! It always goes with whatever cigar I happen to be smoking. HDM EE has been an epic pairing. The scotch brings sweet toffee and floral notes with just enough smoke and peat for balance.

Also great:
The Macallan Fine Oak 15
Highland Park 18
Bruichladdich 15yr 2nd ed.

A nice espresso with a Padron Maduro works great too.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
At the moment, I would have to say HC 7. It's plentiful here in Grand Cayman and oh so nice with a good stick.