What's new

Which spirit do you prefer with a cigar?

Which spirit do you prefer with a cigar?

• Single Malt Scotch

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Irish Whiskey

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Tennessee Whiskey

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Kentucky Bourbon

Votes: 44 24.9%
  • Canadian Whisky

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Blended Scotch

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Brandy/Cognac

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Rum

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • Vodka

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Port/Wine

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Make mine a beer

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Old Raj? That's a new one on me. I'll keep my eyes open for it. Is it priced about the same as Boodle's, Bombay Sapphire, etc.?

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Old Raj? That's a new one on me. I'll keep my eyes open for it. Is it priced about the same as Boodle's, Bombay Sapphire, etc.?
From what I understand it was a little more expensive. Up around $40 or a little more for 750mL. I've heard it's worth the extra money, but I haven't been able to splurge on an extra $20ish for a bottle of gin. Gotta find a bar that serves it first to try it before I buy it.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Normally its a good beer, but if I do a spirit its an aged rum (Zaya, Zacapa), Cognac in the colder months, or a nice Anejo Tequila.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Is anyone else surprised that Kentucky Bourbon and Rum are beating out Single Malt Scotch so far?
I am a bit surprised as there's always so much talk about "Scotch and cigars".
However the poll results actually reflect my preferences pretty well, looks like there are a lot of people here with good taste! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Learning some more about Scotch and it seems the only ones I like are the Islay scotches. Smokey, peaty, and much more flavorful than the other regions, in my opinion. I really think Islay scotch pairs great with a cigar. Also, for the bourbon lovers (like me) the Islay scotch has a lot of the same qualities of a good bourbon...

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Learning some more about Scotch and it seems the only ones I like are the Islay scotches. Smokey, peaty, and much more flavorful than the other regions, in my opinion. I really think Islay scotch pairs great with a cigar. Also, for the bourbon lovers (like me) the Islay scotch has a lot of the same qualities of a good bourbon...
You are absolutely right --- which is why I, personally, generally don't like the Islay single malts. However, you are right again: they go extremely well with cigars, and cigar time is the only time that I order an Islay.

JMO, YMMV.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You are absolutely right --- which is why I, personally, generally don't like the Islay single malts. However, you are right again: they go extremely well with cigars, and cigar time is the only time that I order an Islay.

JMO, YMMV.
Damn you're smart. I like your style. :) Having a little Bowmore Islay right now after a 12 hour shift at work. Drank a good amount of Lagavulin over the weekend so I was ready for a lighter whisky. Paired with a Padilla Miami. Yum!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love good bourbon and in my experience (I am OLD) that does not necessairioy mean expensive. Probably my favorite would be Woodford Reserve, followed by Buffalo Trace, Maker's Mark, Basil Hayden, and a few others whose names escape me right now.
My preferred method is to pour some in a glass and sip it whilst enjoying good conversation, maybe a game of gin and a great cigar.
By the way "Bourbon & Branch" was made popular by president Johnson in the 1960's
Everybody got on that bandwagon cause the pres used the term..