What's new

Which Wrapper Do You Normally Prefer? (see Chart)

Which Wrapper Do You Normally Prefer? (see Chart)

• Double Claro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Claro

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Natural or Colorado Claro

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Corojo or Colorado

Votes: 38 17.3%
  • Camaroon or Colorado Maduro

Votes: 40 18.2%
  • Maduro

Votes: 88 40.0%
  • Oscuro

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 18 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a hard time picking but I guess Cameroon is overall my favorite. It depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I've been a maduro/oscuro type guy, but lately the cameroon has really found a place in my rotation.

+1

my sentiments exactly. When I smoke a cameroon there is usually a different kind of complexity that I not only enjoy, but makes me appreciate the maduro smokes that much more. My oscuro wrapped Satoris should be here any day and I am excited.
:cbig:

themoneycollector

Ermagherd Sergarse
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I would have to say my fav is a maduro.

However, I've never known it as a color or shade of wrapper, but rather maduro describes the additional fermentation process. So a true maduro could lie almost anywhere in the darker color ranges of wrapper that you listed.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Corojo \ Colorado for me. Lately I've even been enjoying some Conn seed grown in Ecuador.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just looked at this poll for the first time in a while, and realized something. The image shown in the OP is actually a chart used to describe color, and color only, and has nothing to do with seed, wrapper origin, or process, etc. You can have a Cameroon wrapper that is any number of shades, but is still Cameroon. Colorado Maduro describes a color only. A lot of times these terms seem to be used mostly to describe shades of Cuban wrappers, that is, wrappers grown in Cuba, since the strain of tobacco used on a particular cigar for the wrapper is not really usually specified to the consumer. For instance a box of Monte #4s may have Colorado colored wrappers, while another box of Monte #4 will have a Colorado Maduro colored wrapper, but they actually use the same wrapper leaf (in terms of strain/seed of Tobacco) and are cured with the same process (technically). Maduro is two things, normally the term describes a process by which wrapper leaf is fermented longer, and in a specific way, in order to achieve certain characteristics. The term is also used in grading wrapper color, for instance, a particular cigar may have a Corojo wrapper, that is Maduro in color, but has not actually been given Maduro fermentation/treating/aging process, and therefor is not a maduro leaf, just maduro shade in color... These things can be so very complicated...

Same goes for Oscuro. Oscuro means that it the leaf has been left on the plant for an inordinate amount of time, allowing it more exposure to the Sun and nutrients (and, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Oscuro wrappers actually start to cure while still on the plant), which gives it a darker, rougher texture and color. It is also, in the case of this chart, used as a color indicator, specifying cigars that are almost black in color. An Oscuro leaf may be Colorado Maduro, but also Oscuro. Oscuro because of the way it was cured and aged, but Colorado Maduro in color.