What's new

Who carries what and why

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I conceal carry here in arizona b/c its leagal. But i've had state courses (lic. Qualifiing) prior to the new law and i recomend them to everyone. It is a serious responsibility to know the leagal issues..
Not to mention the added benefits that come from actually having the permit...

Places you CAN carry concealed WITH a permit that you CANNOT WITHOUT one:
1)Within 1000ft of a school so long as you are not actually entering school property (Try driving through any Phoenix area town without coming within 1000ft of a school).
2)In a resturant that serves alcohol (provided they are not posted and you are not drinking).
3)The 34 or so other states in the US that honor Arizonas CCW permit.

And then of course the fact that with the permit you can purchase a new firearm WITHOUT having to call your info in for a background check.

I'll be keeping my CCW current and highly recommend others to take the class as well.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I see it as 2 options: which I do both depending on the pistol.
1) carry cocked and locked ex.1911 type
2) carry w/o saftey - but not cocked ex. sig sauer

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I just re-newed my Concealed Carry permit yesterday.:)

My prefered carry gun is a Colt Defender. I feel pretty comfortable with 7+1rds of .45ACP cocked & locked. But I've also been known to carry a .38spc Taurus Mod 85. Almost always have my little .22 mag 1 5/8 NAA mini revolver on my as a back up gun.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Browning (FN) High Power, 9mm, mag disconnect removed, 17rd. KRD mags. This gun's a sweetheart.It has a fit and feel that's second to none. I have several styles of holsters for it. Sometimes I carry a Glock 30 (.45acp), in a Fobus paddle holster. Both of these guns are totally reliable, and have proven track records.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
S&W M&P compact .40 concealed carry.
9 in the mag, 1 in the chamber, hammer cocked....cause thats the way it works.

Much lighter and easier to conceal than my Ruger P89 was (15+1) ;)

Carry for self protection, refuse to be a victim.

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Glock 27 is my carry, although I don't carry on my person as much as I'd like.

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Some people think im a bit excessive but i like to carry my HK Mark 23 .45 in condition one single action when not on the job. When im on the job im carrying my Beretta M9 and Colt M16a4 with trijicon ACOG/RCO standard issue.
:riflefire

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am primarily a 1911 guy.

The why is what is important and for it me it is the most accurate, fastest most reliable for me. You choose yours based on those some criteria and may choose something completely different. You'll just have to shoot a lot to be able to make that decision.