What's new

Who carries what and why

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I have a HK USP45 CT w/LEM Trigger, but do not carry, or even have it at the house any more due to the wife and her gun concerns. It is in a gun safe a my mothers house.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Vegan702 said:
As many as I want since it is my right currently until the current President takes that right away from me. How many cigars do you need? If you have more than a handful then I would say you have more than you need, but don't have nearly as many as you want.
Not about how many you want? It's about how many do you need to feel safe.. Krpcentary stated he feel less safe since Obama took office.. And that statement makes no sense to me. If your a collector of guns and enjoy that aspect, I'm sorry that some of the laws may affect you. But it's all for the greater good,

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
I'm sorry that some of the laws may affect you. But it's all for the greater good,
This is the mentality that will hurt us as a nation and unfortunately is the same as many of the other jackasses in power. The majority of crimes that happen with guns are with guns that are obtained through illegal means, i.e. theft, black market, etc. By restricting the sale of guns to those of us who abide by the laws and do not go out and commit violent crimes with them, the answer is to not restrict the sale of guns to everyone, it is to enforce the laws currently on the books and work to stop the criminals from obtaining guns, drugs, etc and put them behind bars before they commit another crime. If you are going to start restricting my rights because of a smaller minority of people we will have many more issues to deal with, as you might as well outlaw tobacco, it is known to cause cancer, can't have those of us who don't smoke/chew/etc in danger from this. Might as well as outlaw alcohol as we know it can cause liver disease among many other problems and heck it will eliminate drunk driving. Oh yeah, can't forget trans fats, that is a huge killer among us. How about those of us who abide by the law continue to do so and those in power work on enforcing the laws that are already on the books instead of imposing more laws that don't get enforced? Everybody's needs are different, if I feel the need to have a handgun in every room in my house that is my right and needs currently. If I feel the need to own an AR-15 or AK-47 that is my right and is my need, why should I as a law abiding citizen be under powered when that criminal will come through my door his illegal gun? Restricting everything from everyone due to a small minority isn't the answer.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The primary weapons I carry with me at all times are my mind and my mouth, and there is no safety on either. I've found my way out of every sticky situation I've been in thus far using those ... except the time when I was 12 and 3 different 15-year-olds beat the crap out of me, but that was due to my mouth "misfiring."

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So being able to carry a gun concelled, buying more ammo makes you feel safer? Crime always goes up when jobs and economy are bad that's a known fact.. I have no idea where you leave but I strongly suggest you consider relocating to a safer place. Again the president has the safety of all to worry about, not a sect of the population, so if limiting guns and ammo helps the majority.. I'm all for it. How many guns does one really need?
Limiting guns and ammo has never been shown to improve the crime rate, period. It's a misconception that is pretty widespread because it seems "common sense" at first glance. But the facts are that well over 90% of gun-related crimes involve guns obtained illegally. When it comes to shooting crimes, that number increases to over 97% (that data is a couple years old, but I imagine it's still about that). Therefore, the fact is that making guns harder to get/keep/use for the law-abiding citizen will not decrease crime--criminals have no 30-day waiting period.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
So being able to carry a gun concelled, buying more ammo makes you feel safer? Crime always goes up when jobs and economy are bad that's a known fact.. I have no idea where you leave but I strongly suggest you consider relocating to a safer place. Again the president has the safety of all to worry about, not a sect of the population, so if limiting guns and ammo helps the majority.. I'm all for it. How many guns does one really need?
Why do you come on a forum that is about guns to debate!!!!! Go to the debate forum!
No one in this forum is going to agree with your crap!!
Mod's stop this before it gets out of control??

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I leave outside of DC and they have one of the highest murder rates due to guns, and guns are illegal there as well, that not my issue, kpr stated he feels unsafe since Obama took office.. Guns legal or illegal, doesn't matter they kill.. Period, I've owned everything from hk's to ar-15 and have since sold them all, i'm as safe as the enviroment that i'm in. If someone breaks in my house if I don't have a gun on me and loaded chances are that gun does me no good, so riding around with it or having if my house basically is useless,

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
So you LIVE outside of DC? The very statement you made in your post should convince you to the contrary of the rhetoric you're spewing. If guns are illegal and murder is one of the highest in the nation could you possibly use a little statistical backing to form a correlation between guns being illegal and crime? It's a very basic graph to draw. I know that not too far away in the state of PA we have a "shall issue" policy on licenses to carry concealed firearms. The REASON for this is because there has actually been correlated decrease in crime in proportion to the amount of licenses to carry a concealed weapon issued. SO with that being said maybe DC should try a new game and give people the freedom to carry weapons and watch crime drop because after all the best victim is an unarmed victim. Just look at Virginia Tech for an example of unarmed victims. I have prayers going out for the families of the victims as it's is going on only two years since the horrific crime perpetuated there.

"Guns legal or illegal, doesn't matter they kill." Now to address this idiotic statement. Yes I'll call it idiotic because it makes NO sense. I carry a glock every day and everywhere I can. My glock has yet to levitate out of my holster float around and indiscriminately kill innocent people. It hasn't even pointed itself at a single person other than a silhouette at the range. You have to be drinking the kool-aid from the bottom of the bucket where the poison has concentrated after making a statement like that.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So you LIVE outside of DC? The very statement you made in your post should convince you to the contrary of the rhetoric you're spewing. If guns are illegal and murder is one of the highest in the nation could you possibly use a little statistical backing to form a correlation between guns being illegal and crime? It's a very basic graph to draw. I know that not too far away in the state of PA we have a "shall issue" policy on licenses to carry concealed firearms. The REASON for this is because there has actually been correlated decrease in crime in proportion to the amount of licenses to carry a concealed weapon issued. SO with that being said maybe DC should try a new game and give people the freedom to carry weapons and watch crime drop because after all the best victim is an unarmed victim. Just look at Virginia Tech for an example of unarmed victims. I have prayers going out for the families of the victims as it's is going on only two years since the horrific crime perpetuated there.

"Guns legal or illegal, doesn't matter they kill." Now to address this idiotic statement. Yes I'll call it idiotic because it makes NO sense. I carry a glock every day and everywhere I can. My glock has yet to levitate out of my holster float around and indiscriminately kill innocent people. It hasn't even pointed itself at a single person other than a silhouette at the range. You have to be drinking the kool-aid from the bottom of the bucket where the poison has concentrated after making a statement like that.
and my original question has got lost i see. so carrying your 1 gun makes you feel safe? or having 3-4 make you feel safer?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 or 4 would def make me feel safer. But I never leave home without my gun because I know what goes on in the real world. Alot of people have no clue

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
and my original question has got lost i see. so carrying your 1 gun makes you feel safe? or having 3-4 make you feel safer?
It's irrelevant as to how many I'm carrying. Whether I'm carrying one or two or 10. Most police officers carry at least one if not two when not on duty. Why are they special and I'm not special? Is it possibly because they represent the govt and not the citizenship of the nation (which they work for).

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't carry yet, the CC license and class are expensive here. But I have a Kel-Tec P-11 that I really like due to the size. It fits in a pocket very nicely and doesn't print through my jeans. I don't care for the double action trigger but from a safety standpoint it is better in my mind than a fast trigger with a safety that I might forget to switch off.

I did that last weekend when shooting skeet with some friends. I pulled up and hit the trigger, nothing. Forgot to turn the damned safety off! lol! Oh, that was with a Rem 870 12ga. pump by the way, not my 9mm.

I want to eventually get my CPL because it's my Right to do so AND because I get into places with our band that are not always nice areas and I'd feel better knowing I have something to protect our family with, hoping that I never have to use it outside the range.

I really like the Ruger SR9 (I think that's it) that a friend just bought recently. It shoots and handles like a dream. I also had fun last weekend with an SKS 5.62 that was pretty cool. One of these days maybe. :smokingco

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
dont have my CC permit right now, but gettin it this summer. if im in a shady part of town or shady part of the woods, i keep a 12 ga remington 1100 with buck shot in my truck. it gets the point across. i am looking at pickin up a pistol in the next month or two. tryin to decide between a 1911, Sig P228, and a springfield xd

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys. I have a CCW and carry a XD -40 3in barrel. I carry for protection in the big city also late nights at the local B&M. D