What's new

Who is Min Ron Nee

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi,

I've been pouring through his wonderful book for the past year and I'd like to know more about him. I believe that he writes for C.Gars.Ltd in England under the pseudonym of the "Cigar Advisor". I've also heard rumors that he is a physician in Hong Kong. I’ve also heard that he has one of the most extensive collections of cigars and cigar related material in the world. I really haven't heard much else. Any information or contact information would be great. Thanks

Buckwheat

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Min Ron NEE is actually a fictitious name the gentleman from Hong Kong used to write the most comprehensive book ever written about post revolution (1962) Cuban cigars. I've read, re-read and re-re-read his book on numerous occasions. It sits next to my desk at work and I use it when deciding which cigars to buy (I don't necessarily agree with everything he says nor do I buy everything that he says is a must, but I do use him as a tremendous resourse tool for buying and aging cigars). It is a MUST for true Habanos Collectors and smokers.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
For those of you who no longer check the 'other' site, there really is some interesting info on this topic. I by no means have anything to add factually, so I can't say for sure if that information is legit or not, but if you're interested in this topic, you may want to check it out.

A

abmcu

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
mcgoospot said:
Min Ron NEE is actually a fictitious name the gentleman from Hong Kong used to write the most comprehensive book ever written about post revolution (1962) Cuban cigars. I've read, re-read and re-re-read his book on numerous occasions. It sits next to my desk at work and I use it when deciding which cigars to buy (I don't necessarily agree with everything he says nor do I buy everything that he says is a must, but I do use him as a tremendous resourse tool for buying and aging cigars). It is a MUST for true Habanos Collectors and smokers.
I agree!

-Ron

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I think i found it,

"An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars"

by Min Ron Nee

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome also to abmcu. He's the dyslexic brother of one of the most knowledgable and influential botls around, UCMBA. Great to have you and your knowledge contributing over here.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
mcgoospot said:
Welcome also to abmcu. He's the dyslexic brother of one of the most knowledgable and influential botls around, UCMBA. Great to have you and your knowledge contributing over here.
Lucky to have him here...

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Great resource!!!

This book came up at the recent New York Herf, conversation went sort of like this:

Pulses Girl to Ironman's wife:

Adam has cigar magazines in the bathroom :smt046

Ironman's wife:

So does Rich :smt046

Another BOTL's Wife:

My husband has this HUGE.... cigar book in the bathroom

Ironman:

That's the MRN book, it's great:smt023

Ironman's Wife:

That's the book, he has the same book in the bathroom #-o

Ironman

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
What is it about MRN that inspires people to take a dump? My wife complains about about the book being the bathroom all the time. I just tell her that is why we have seperate bathrooms. :smt104

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Buckwheat said:
What is it about MRN that inspires people to take a dump? My wife complains about about the book being the bathroom all the time. I just tell her that is why we have seperate bathrooms. :smt104
If I am ever at your house for a herf please remind me NOT to touch your MRN book! I don't want to touch that thing if you have been reading it while releasing brown trout

:smt099

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Now i cannot wait to get my hands on one... ISOMS are one thing that i can admit i really do not know as much about them as i would like...

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
tubaman said:
I thought it was required bathroom reading for us?? :smt045
Damn if I had know this that its a combo of bathroom reading and usually kept in the bathroom I sure as hell wouldn't have bought one used. #-o Now I'm worried what some pages might look and smell like!! Damn!!! LOL

ehdg