What's new

Who is Min Ron Nee

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
tobby4 said:
Now i cannot wait to get my hands on one... ISOMS are one thing that i can admit i really do not know as much about them as i would like...
ISOMS - Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons ???

j/k

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If anyone can find this for a good price online let me know:

An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars
by: Min Ron Nee

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
thebigo said:
If anyone can find this for a good price online let me know:

An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars
by: Min Ron Nee
I can't find this book anywhere either thebigo. I remember seeing group buys on this book somewhere, but I don't see anything current. If anyone knows a site that sells them I'd be interested too. I read that it's currently out of print and that they're re-printing it. I think I seen that information about 3 months ago. Not sure if it's true.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dunno about you guys but I read my copy of MRN, while I'm sittin' out on the back porch smoking a cigar and having a drink...could life get any better? :agreesmil

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Post some ISOs on the various cigar boards and keep your eyes out for group buys. The last GB I think had these at somewhere around $80? Also, if you are not in a huge hurry, consider waiting a year or two for the updated issue that is supposed to be in the works.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Oh an updated issue is in the works? Wow that's great, I didn't know that. All I heard about was a re-print. But maybe that's an updated version. Thanks.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Post some ISOs on the various cigar boards and keep your eyes out for group buys. The last GB I think had these at somewhere around $80? Also, if you are not in a huge hurry, consider waiting a year or two for the updated issue that is supposed to be in the works.
Keep us updated if anyone, I know it will be awhile, hears of this updated version. I can wait. Or at least my wallet can.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
MichiganM said:
Oh an updated issue is in the works? Wow that's great, I didn't know that. All I heard about was a re-print. But maybe that's an updated version. Thanks.
The version that everyone is buying now is the corrected version where they just corrected minor mistakes and spelling errors, etc. The updated MRN book isn't supposed to be out until '07/'08, IIRC.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
cvm4 said:
The version that everyone is buying now is the corrected version where they just corrected minor mistakes and spelling errors, etc. The updated MRN book isn't supposed to be out until '07/'08, IIRC.
The revised version is the one I bought. The one bigo is talking about won't be out for quite some time. That will be updated with newer releases like EL's I imagine. I don't think I'd wait that long. You shoulda got in on the group buy bigo.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea I have the 1st Edition, unrevised version and we had a GB going and it was only $80 if my memory serves me right.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
MichiganM said:
The revised version is the one I bought. The one bigo is talking about won't be out for quite some time. That will be updated with newer releases like EL's I imagine. I don't think I'd wait that long. You shoulda got in on the group buy bigo.
Yeah...wallet won't permit until my car is fixed and paid for. I'll take one for the team and order it at a later date.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
thebigo said:
Yeah...wallet won't permit until my car is fixed and paid for. I'll take one for the team and order it at a later date. Get it from Cigar Weekly, correct?
You won't get it from CW. That was part of a group buy that is over now. It was simply a way to get a bunch of people together to form a lower price and buy it from a vendor. The vendor is where you'd get the book from. And, since there is only 5000 copies of it, there is no way to tell how long they will have it. But I wish you luck, hopefully your car won't set you back long.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
cvm4 said:
Yea I have the 1st Edition, unrevised version and we had a GB going and it was only $80 if my memory serves me right.
Do you think that will become more of a collector's edition, more so than the revised verion I purchased? I imagine so since it's the 1st one out. I would think it would become more valuable in the end. Then again, it's a great book either way...just wondering.