What's new

Who is your faviorite baseball team and why?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oh man, with all this snow, I cannot wait for the mlb season to start. It's my favorite sport and the sign that spring is upon us.

So who's your favorite team and why?

I've been a Baltimore Orioles fan for about 35 years now. They were the first little league team I played for and I just adopted them as my favorite team. I suffered through some pretty bad years, but it's been fun watching them ever since Buck took over as manager. I plan on taking my first trip to Camden Yards in August with my son to catch a game.
I can't believe I've just seen this thread. Being from Baltimore, I love the Orioles. Through the good and the bad. When you go to Camden yards get bleacher seats. They aren't bleachers at all, they're like $17 bucks and they are right under the jumbotron. Best seats in the ballpark. I love them. I'm also a Phillies fan because I remember going to a Phillies game at the Vet as a kid and watching the Phils beat up on the Reds like 8-2.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The Braves, for 2 reasons. One, because I am from, and still live in Atlanta. Two, because, apparently, I love to get angry.

Sometimes, part of being a Braves fan involves hating every other team in baseball, including the Braves.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Pittsburgh.

Because they are the greatest sports team on the face of the planet!! Better than any other sports team in any other league or sport ever!

...... it's really because that's where I'm from and I am usually embarrassed to let people know because they suck that bad.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have been a lifelong Cards fan. Each summer I would spend 2 weeks with my maternal grandparents and 2 weeks with my paternal grandmother. Both sets were die-hard Cardinal fans and NEVER missed a game on the radio. Their daily schedules would revolve around game time. I remember as a 6 year old kid, listening to the games with either grandparent becoming a fan. The year was 1959. I only miss watching or listening to a hand full of games every year for the last 15 years and love the Cardinals and the game of baseball. By far my favorite sport. Well, I love college basketball too.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Phillies fan here. I grew up less than 30 mins from Philadelphia, and the southern NJ town I live in now is right across the river. My hometown was full of South Philly Italians with 12-letter-long last names that ended in vowels, and you'd pretty much get beat up in the schoolyard unless you were an Eagles/Phillies/Flyers fan (no one cared about the 76ers then, and no one cares about them now).

So yah, I've ridden the peaks and valleys. I missed the 1980 World Series win by a few years, but I was there glued to the TV in 1993 against Toronto, and of course in 2008 when they finally got another parade. The last few years have been really hard to listen to (I don't like their TV announcers so I listen to the games while I'm home or on the road, their radio guys are awesome), but I've been here before and I know they'll rebuild. The guys from the 2008 WS team are all aging out and moving on, and there's some great young talent coming up through the system. I think their front office is full of idiots, but I have hope for the future, and I relish every win (hell, I relish every HIT) while we get there.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Being born and raised in the St. Louis area, I'm a Cards fan. Which isn't bad, because they're a good team historically and for the most part, they never really go too many years without being a contender. I'm more a hockey guy myself, but Cardinals baseball is religion in STL. Yeah, I'll watch it - after the hockey season is over. :)

And since I was a Cal Ripken Jr fan as a kid, I liked the Orioles by default. Still a Cal Jr fan in a way, since he turned out to be a class act.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Houston Astros grew up watching them went to a couple games in the dome, watched the Killer B's. Had a few down years but now we are back on top