What's new

Who is your faviorite baseball team and why?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Toronto is poised to bounce back, and they are my big fear in the East due to all those bats. Pitching may not be a huge issue since most of the East have average pitching.
Will the $82 million pay off behind the plate? We know they got Martin more for his bat and he did have 2 solid seaons with the Bucs.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Big Washington Nationals fan. I live close to the ball park of the AA Harrisburg Senators. So we enjoy seeing guys play in Harrisburg and watch them move up to the Nationals. And it is cool when major league players come down for rehab starts.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the $82 million pay off behind the plate? We know they got Martin more for his bat and he did have 2 solid seaons with the Bucs.
I actually don't think we got Martin for his bat. Dioner Navarro had a great offensive season for us last year. What Martin brings to this team is his ability to call a game, pitch framing and leadership above his bat. I believe he was top 3 in WAR for catchers last year and pundits believe most of that is because of how he can control a game behind the plate. The jays are hoping that he can help groom our young starters in order to make a push for the playoffs.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't think we got Martin for his bat. Dioner Navarro had a great offensive season for us last year. What Martin brings to this team is his ability to call a game, pitch framing and leadership above his bat. I believe he was top 3 in WAR for catchers last year and pundits believe most of that is because of how he can control a game behind the plate. The jays are hoping that he can help groom our young starters in order to make a push for the playoffs.
Well, I can't totally disagree. He did help our younger pitchers like Jeff Locke and Gerrit Cole and also mentor our young catcher Sanchez. I also could see the Jays having him DH a bit when he's not behind the plate. He is somewhat of a clutch hitter, not always looking to put one out of the park.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Big Washington Nationals fan. I live close to the ball park of the AA Harrisburg Senators. So we enjoy seeing guys play in Harrisburg and watch them move up to the Nationals. And it is cool when major league players come down for rehab starts.
This ^
Memphis Redbirds are cardinals affiliate so they play here to start the season and we watch them move up and down occasionally as well. Nice to have since the Cards are a 5hr trip for me

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Detroit Tigers.
Grew up ion the West side...first year I was into baseball as a little kid, they got to the Wrold Series. Next year, they one the World Series. Some good years and a lot of bad ones between then and now. I've lived in Chicago for many of those years, but still love me some Tigers baseball.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to be the biggest Seattle Mariners fan because of Junior, Arod, Edgar, Tino, Jay Buhner, Randy Johnson ..etc. They were so much fun to watch, but since they haven't been that great lately they haven't been on Tv as much.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be the biggest Seattle Mariners fan because of Junior, Arod, Edgar, Tino, Jay Buhner, Randy Johnson ..etc. They were so much fun to watch, but since they haven't been that great lately they haven't been on Tv as much.
Seems as though the last 2 offseasons they have added key elements through free agency. They look solid on offense, pitching is stout especially the pen. This might be the year they have all the puzzle pieces needed.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems as though the last 2 offseasons they have added key elements through free agency. They look solid on offense, pitching is stout especially the pen. This might be the year they have all the puzzle pieces needed.
I agree.. They will be in a playoff hunt towards the end of the year, no doubt. I saw Robinson Cano on Sportscenter the other day, and man those old school unis look awesome

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Texas Rangers. I grew up in west Texas and that was the team that was on. Also, as a kid Nolan Ryan was my hero. I got to see him pitch once in person. I was eight, and Robin Ventura helped clear the dugouts when he charged the mound. Still one of the most electric atmospheres I've ever been at for a sporting event.

Anyways, they've always sucked, and they have broken my heart on an annual basis...but I still love them.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Growing up in East Tennessee like a lot of places in the south the closest team is the Atlanta Braves. They also have a local sports tv deal so all there games are on tv. I try to make it to a series a year with Atlanta only being a 3 hour drive. I am cautiously optimistic about this years team.

AuGar

AuGar
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
DisAstros...2005 was a great year despite getting swept by the White Sox. Loved growing up watching Biggio, Bagwell, and Berkman (despite the turn coat SOB signing with STL..lol). Did get to meet him on a plane ride to California when Rice was heading out there to play a game. Was a real cool guy who talked to me (young teen) as one of the guys and gave me pointers for playing first base

daverutherford61

real name's Mike though
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cubs fan. Grew up on the Northwest side of Chicago and when I started watching baseball on my own at 8 years old I started to watching the White Sox. My 84 year old neighbor at the time informed me that this was bad form. It seemed to stick and right now I'm glad it did.