What's new

Who is your favorite guitarist?

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There are so many guitarists that I consider great, but you ask for our favorites...so these are the ones that influenced me the most whilst learning guitar
Gary Rossington
Allen Collins
Angus Young
Paul Goddard (bass)

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
To me, (to me) this is like asking what I want for dinner... There are so many great places to eat, so many creative as well as roots-based flavor options, so many different styles… I may be in the mood for variations on Asian food for a month, and then get swept away by a nuanced Indian meal only to have an amazing cheeseburger the following weekend....

Essentially; my list is a mile long and all of them are my favorite ....depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
To me, (to me) this is like asking what I want for dinner... There are so many great places to eat, so many creative as well as roots-based flavor options, so many different styles… I may be in the mood for variations on Asian food for a month, and then get swept away by a nuanced Indian meal only to have an amazing cheeseburger the following weekend....

Essentially; my list is a mile long and all of them are my favorite ....depending on what kind of mood I'm in.
This is how I feel and worded way better than I ever could...
A few of my all time favorites though:
Chuck Berry, is he super technical or the best? Not by a mile but he pioneered a style that has always been a favorite of mine and also Jimi Hendrix because anyone that can teach themselves to play a right handed guitar left handed and play it like that deserves respect IMO.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some of my personal faves are:
BB King
Freddie King
Eric Clapton
Son House
SRV
Jimi Hendrix
David Gilmour
Johnny Ramone (what he lacked in talent he made up with brute force)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few...

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
This is just too hard to narrow it down to just one.
Shoot, top 20 would be just as hard.
I'm going to stick with the 2 I posted (1 dead and 1 living), but if anyone wants my top 20 list, pm me!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SRV for sure. like so many others, dude played from the heart and never read music. Gotta love the skills of Tom Morello as well! Guy sought out to stay underground and in the dirt. Look at him now!

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Blind Willie Johnson is awesome! His slide work is mind blowing for the time period. I'm a big fan of pre ww 2 blues. Some of my faviorites:
Reverend Gary Davis
Blind Willie McElroy
Blind Blake
Blind Boy Fuller
Charlie Patton
Big Joe Williams
Robert Johnson
Mississippi John Hurt
Bo Carter
Muddy Waters

I could listen to this stuff all day.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
+1 for Django Reinhart
Besides the usual gods...
Tommy Emmanuel

Joe Bonnamassa
Keb' Mo'
thank you for sharing tommy, and joe b. as well. just saw tommy a few months ago in a very small theatre, got to chat after the show (his daughter was there too) great guy. however, he bored the shit out of me during his set (2+ hrs) so talented, i enjoy fingerstyle. chet atkins must be on your list as well then. and joe b. is the best blues guitarist out right now, seen him too. WAY too cocky (as is malmsteen), but talented nonetheless. my favorite unknown is oziel zinho (brazilian kid, destroys the heavy fret guitars)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
OMG I cannot believe I forgot tab and his tele. Saw him in concert last november amazing!!!! Darkness is one of my favorite songs of all time although that entire album is amazing.

ps tinsley is great also.
The sea saint sessions is one of the greatest unknown album. Very surprised anyone here knew that. Wow!