What's new

Who is your favorite guitarist?

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Page all the way. Followed by Hendrix, Randy Rhodes,Angus, Eddie Van Halen,Gilmore, Zappa,SRV

I'm gonna take a lot of shit for this, but IMO, Clapton is overrated. He's good, but not great. And I'm with the others about Satriani and the like. Guitar shredding only goes so far in my book.

Edit: of course my list only includes rockers/blues men. The true bluesmen are in a class of their own

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for sharing tommy, and joe b. as well. just saw tommy a few months ago in a very small theatre, got to chat after the show (his daughter was there too) great guy. however, he bored the shit out of me during his set (2+ hrs) so talented, i enjoy fingerstyle. chet atkins must be on your list as well then. and joe b. is the best blues guitarist out right now, seen him too. WAY too cocky/autistic (as is malmsteen), but talented nonetheless. my favorite unknown is oziel zinho (brazilian kid, destroys the heavy fret guitars)

That piece by Zinho is mind-blowing, thanks for the link! My brother plays fingerstyle, I absorb if from him (ok, ok I rip his CD's when he's not looking:)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tuomas Saukkonen from Before the Dawn (Wolfheart). He's a melodic Death Metal guitarist/lead singer from Finland

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
We need to fo a "Who's your favorite harmonica player?"
Kim Wilson! James Cotton!

More of my favorite guitar players:
Chet Atkins
Roy Clark
Eddie Adcock can make a guitar sound like a banjo and a banjo sound like a guitar.
Albert Collins
Johnny Winter
Roy Buchanan was another local blues man.
So many more......

Wasn't real impressed with Joe Bonomassa but what do I know.