What's new

why Palio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've looked at alot of cutter out there, I thought that the Xikar cutters would be the bomb, but I'm hearing that alot of people are using Palio why so? They look identical to the cheap double giloutenes allover? What makes these better? Honestly I would like to find out.

summy625

SOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh i see. now you tell me all of this. after i bought yours!! ahh see if i do anything nice for you again!!@!!! just kidding. they are all of the same. they cut the cigar and thats all you need. right?>

summy625

SOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont have lots of shoes!!! if the cigars matched the cutters i would understand. but they are universal!! shoes are different colors for different outfits!! duh

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There is an effect of different types of cutters on different cigars. A punch will draw different than a giloutene. A single giloutene will cut different than a giloutene. I know guys who will try the same cigar cut several way just to find what they think works best.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Donk, I used to use the Xikar, then I tried a Palio...no comparison in my opinion. They are not like the cheap one's you see, they are definitely different. The cut is so clean and smooth every time, it will make you smoke more! I liked my first one so much, I bought another...try one, and you'll see...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
hmmmm, I entered the contest at Dogwatch for the Palio, so maybe I'll get lucky and get to try one.

Is there anyone here who owns a Xikar and a Palio, but uses the Xikar more often?

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've still never used a Palio....I mostly use the punch on the bottom of my lighter, the 3bladed scisors I bought from Marks store, and my SAK....When I first start smoking, I had a Xikar that I used for everything...Not I don't use the Xikar as much for some reason..

drew

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
The real reason Palio over any other cutter?

Precise cutting in the way it's designed to be held. It cuts exactly where you want it to without any guessing, fumbling or practice. And it cuts your cigar cleaner due to the blade construction.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Why Palio ?

Because it is the best cutter out there. I think it gives a better cut than any cutter I have used.

Can't wait for the new ones to come out.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I own a Xikar Xi and a Palio. I can't tell you the last time I used the Xikar. The palio is just a much sharper, cleaner cut and a more ergonomic cut.

Just recently I have begun to use my Swiss Army Knife which is also a fantastic cut.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Xikar is a little trickier to use. The palio is pretty straight forward, but the best cut i've gotten is the SAK. The thin blades slice right through the cigar, almost impossible to ruin the cut.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
This is kind of a subjective thing, each person has their own preferences as to what makes a great cutter. One thing I will say, there is no comparison between a high quality cutter and a cheap give away cutter. I happen to use a SAK, I love mine. That being said, the Palio is a FANTASTIC cutter. They make a product that is second to none. You absolutely can not go wrong buying a Palio, it is well worth the money.

BTW, I saw some prototypes of some future releases from Palio over the weekend, they look awesome!!!! I'm definatley purchasing one.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Séamas;148666 said:
hmmmm, I entered the contest at Dogwatch for the Palio, so maybe I'll get lucky and get to try one.

Is there anyone here who owns a Xikar and a Palio, but uses the Xikar more often?
I own 2 Xikar and 1 Palio.........BOTH are great cutters. I keep the Palio in the travel humi. 1 Xikar in the truck, and another Xikar by the Avallo.
I can honestly say, I have no strong preference for one over the other.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Like Kevin (Tubaman) said, it is definitely subjective.

Some people prefer the "feel" of the Xikar and others prefer the cut of the SAK (which has one of the best cuts IMHO) but the double bladed guillotine is universal and accommodates a larger demographic who like the "feel" of the guillotine action.

With that said, what separates Palio from ALL guillotines (and many other cutters in general) is that they are NO WHERE near the cheap "plastic" guillotine cutters you may be used to seeing.

They are constructed of a high quality proprietary polymer. There is a night and day difference between the Palio and any other "plastic" cutter on the market. Not to mention the incredible LIFETIME warranty. (if you are not pleased with it, you can walk into any authorized Palio dealer and exchange it).

The also have surgical steel blades with an hardened Rockwell C rating of 57!

I still have my original Palio that I have been using for 6 years (maybe more) and it is STILL my "go to" cutter. Of course, I have about 4 other ones spread all over so there is always one within reach.

Cigarmony.com is striving to create a place where anybody can feel confident in the products listed. All products listed will/have been used for a period of time and are listed because of their quality, price, performance and warranty/customer service by the mfg.

I would not sell the Palios (vendor #001 :thumbsup: ) if I didn't believe it was a superior product.

Hope this helps
~Mark

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Don't worry yourself Donk. If you get a chance to pick up a Palio, by all means go ahead, you won't be sorry I'm sure. I have two Xikars and have never owned a Palio. I have a punch wich I haven't used in ages, one Xikar that is just too pretty to use, a SAK that I've used a couple of times and a really funky pair of scissors from Cuban Crafters. And guess what? I want a Palio. I like gadgets and when it comes to cigars, I like cool cutters and cool lighters. The cutters are much cheaper so I have more of them.

You'll love the Xikar you have. It can take some getting used to, but it cuts great and the customer service on Xikars is out of this world.

But again, if you get a chance to grab a Palio, why not?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The only reason I ask is my gf, just ordered me a xikar cutter with engraving. I thought those with the design and cutter swing would be a great quality cutter. Maybe I'll have to pick up a palio and give them a try. Are any of them self sharpening? I haven't tried either, I'm cutting 12 dollar cigars with a 2 dollar cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.