Not open for further replies.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Are any of them self sharpening?
No, it's not possible.

BUT one of the Palios I have has stayed sharp for at least 6 years :thumbsup:

You'll love the Xikar bro, especially since it was a gift from a loved one!

~M

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have had a xikar for years and use it exclusively... nothing at all wrong with it... I love it

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I do not have a Palio but I own 2 Xikars and I absolutely lov'em.....and I'm still going to buy a Palio as soon as the new arrivals are out!

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with having too many cigar-related gadgets!

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I might try a palio out, but I'm still waiting on the Xikar wich I'm getting for X-mas from the gf.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I might try a palio out, but I'm still waiting on the Xikar wich I'm getting for X-mas from the gf.
If you're definitely getting the Xikar for Christmas, DON'T TRY THE PALIO!!! It will just make you wish she had gotten you the Palio, instead. Then you'll end up leading a secretive existence: You'll buy a Palio, but you won't be able to use it, and will have to keep it hidden, while you're girlfriend is around. You will start worrying about whether her friends have seen you using the Palio and spilled the beans.

Next thing, you will be making up excuses to avoid her so that you can use the Palio without her being there. She will become suspicious. She'll start going through your drawers and pockets, trying to find out what's going on. She'll go through your e-mails. It will destroy all trust and your relationship!

Trust me: don't do it. Just resign yourself to using the pretty Xikar that she got you, knowing deep down inside that there is something better out there...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

summy625

SOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, he told me that the Xikar was the best, so like a good girl i bought it for him. now reading all of this stuff. i feel bad :( should i get him the other one? i want him to be happy. he doesnt have to use the one i got. and the grass ISNT always greener just to let you know. but, i am sure with time he will get the new one. i mean his b-day is a month after xmas. huh, i wonder what i will get him.....:)

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Summy, just as with cigars, the choice of cutter is a matter of taste. Some people like the Palio, some the Xikar. Some like the guillotine cut, some the punch, and some the V-cut. There are cigar scissors and other gadget tools that people prefer over all others. I have 3 Xikars, 3 Xikar multi-tools, a Davidoff double guillotine and a Palio. Plus, I just preordered another Palio.

Should you get him another cutter? Sure! You can never have enough gadgets!! He’ll need 3 finger cases, travel humidors, coolerdors, desk top humidors, lighters, cabinet humidors and lots and lots of cigars.

Did you get him the wrong cutter? No way. It’s an excellent cutter and has a lifetime warrantee. If he thinks its cutting poorly in the future, send it in and they will “re-sharpen” it (probably just send back a new one). Will he always use it? Probably not, he’ll use the new Palio that he just has to have, or the new Xikar multi-tool, that new Swiss Army cutter you’ll get for him someday…. We all go through phases.

You did fine.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
point well said, Dan. I like the style and the looks of the Xikar cutters anyways. I think think the Xikar cutters will work beautifully for me for a long time. And I love the fact they will be a present from my gf.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Can't say for sure but I have a general idea....and it's VERY soon! (I know, I know...)

~M
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I gots me a gift cert burnin' a whole, it better be VERY, VERY soon. :glassesgr

Summy, don't feel bad. Donk, quit making your gf feel bad. You got/are getting a great cutter. The Palio will be something you can look forward to picking up in the future and both will be good to have.

summy625

SOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets just say if he doesnt stop complaining then maybe he wont get anything and he can smoke alone!! JK! Serve him right though!! at least i am trying!! hee hee! now, if i could only get him away from cigars and more into me! any ideas?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hope this helps
~Mark
It helps me, anyway. Thanks, Mark.

You won't find me in your customer database now, but I have an idea you will see me there soon. :halfgrinw

First I'll be ordering beads, no doubt. One of these days it might be a Palio, but I'm likely going to stick with the original. I can't see paying extra just for a different finish (unless I were rich, of course, then I'd buy one of each, plus one of each Xikar, plus... well, you know).

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Summy, Dan is absolutely right, and don't let anyone make you feel bad. Pretty much everything related to cigars and pipes are a matter of personal preference. Xikars are excellent cutters, and I am very happy with mine.

Besides, it has a Solingen blade. I am into Irish and Scottish weaponry and martial arts, and it just so happens that many of those old swords were made by German swordsmiths in Solingen. While I can't afford an antique Broadsword, I can still say I have a Solingen blade. :smokingbo

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Summy, Your never #2 to a cigar, Just say the word and I'm sent the entire collection to the brothers here on BOTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.