What's new

Will my cigars be ok?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am headed over to the "Sandbox" in about two weeks, and want to make sure that my cigars travel in fine condition.

I bought an X-treme Herf-a-Dor (the 15 count model) since it was airtight and seemed nice and durable. I also purchased the 50-50 solution for the humidifying disc. I know that the travel case (for lack of a better term) is really designed for shorter trips, and not permanent storage. However, since my space will be limited, I thought it was a good option.

Will my new cigars be alright as long as I keep the case in the A/C and not out in the 100+ degree heat? Any other option that I can look into once I get over there?

Also, how often should I refill the foam with the solution?

Lots of questions from a newbie just starting to appreciate cigars, but I want to make sure that my cigars are there to keep me company.

Thanks,
Brad

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Brad, I'd recommend getting a Boveda pack rather than using the PG solution.

Your cigars will do fine :thumbsup:
^^^^+1! Toss that PG and use the Boveda or beads, both are easy and spot on. Of course the beads last forever, but either is better than PG!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How available are the packs/beads? Should I be able to find them at a local cigar shop? I am not sure if I have time to wait for a mail order to come in.

To make sure that I am clear, take out the foam piece that came with the case, and put in the beads or the humidi-pack?

Thanks for the (VERY) prompt replies. This solution will also be much more "user friendly" for a traveling guy with limited space.

One more question: Would it be worth it to try to get a piece of cedar from a regular cigar box and put it in with the cigars in the plastic box? Thanks in advance.

Thanks again,
Brad

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Boveda packs are available at most cigar stores, and trust me, they couldn't be more user friendly.

Ron at cigarsolutions.com could probably get them to you in several days though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend the 69% pack since I am headed for a much drier climate?

Thanks for all your help.

Brad

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Brad,

MHO is go with the higher percentage, this way if it does slips a little you are still ok. my 0.02

Ron ships fast you might be able to talk to him and get it shipped overnight or something if you are looking to have something in the next day or two.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the great information, guys. I will see what I can find in the local area, and then maybe look into ordering one online.

Much appreciated,
Brad

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If your vacation is less than two weeks just scrap the humidification.

The box will keep the cigars fine for atleast two weeks. Go on vacation and dont sweat it !

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i think that brad is going over to Iraq or Afghanistan. The airtight humidor will be fine. keep it as cool as possible. Open it up at least once a week to get some fresh air in the humidor. DO NOT use the humidifying disk and 50/50 solution. That disk is way too close to the cigars for long term storage. I know that people use those humidifers, and say they are fine. I disagree. Use a Boveda. One Boveda should last about a year. Brad, PM me your name and address. You will be taken care of in a few days.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
i think that brad is going over to Iraq or Afghanistan. The airtight humidor will be fine. keep it as cool as possible. Open it up at least once a week to get some fresh air in the humidor. DO NOT use the humidifying disk and 50/50 solution. That disk is way too close to the cigars for long term storage. I know that people use those humidifers, and say they are fine. I disagree. Use a Boveda. One Boveda should last about a year. Brad, PM me your name and address. You will be taken care of in a few days.
Nice move Ron, ....:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
very nice move ron

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Brad PM me your addy once you get there...APO... We will keep you in smokes while you are gone...don't forget...PM ME..............
Good luck brother..

Vietnam 70-71..........:assaultri