What's new

Will my cigars be ok?

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Brad, also PM Preembargo, his shop supports some troops in Iraq. He might be able to get some "reinforcements" to you while you're out there. If that doesn't work out, though, PM me. I know of some other places I can hook you up with.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Ooops, didn't see there was a second page. If you need some smoes, please PM me, but if I were you I'd take up ezrider on his offer. I know his would put to shame anything I could put together. BTW, where are you from? One of our locals (DFW, TX) was looking for some a local troop to support a month or so ago because the one they were working with came back.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gents,
I am TRULY humbled by the support and the sharing of information for a noob like myself.

I will reply to the PMs this very evening. Thank you again.

Brad

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Brad is going to need a bigger travel humidor.
LOL, I think you're right Ron.

So Ron, I took the disc from my Otterbox and removed the green foam, and replaced it with 65% beads. Are you saying I should ditch that and just use a Boveda on the bottom?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
well, i am not saying that the beads wont work, they will. for me, the Bovedas (humidipaks) last so long in a travel humidor, its not even worth the bother to use anything else. i wont use the foam withe the 50/50.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Well that's good to know Ron as the beads sometimes fall out of the disc as the screen is to coarse. I'll take it out and put a humipack in, hell even if it lasts 6 mos, that's a hell of a deal! Thanks for the advice and thanks to Brad for bringing up the topic.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pleasure, and to think that I was just looking out for my new found interest. I am most happy that I stumbled upon this site.

Ron,
Is there anything special I need to do with the Boveda? Or do I just need to put it in with the cigars after I take out the green foam that came with it? Thanks.

Brad

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
it comes packaged in cellophane. just remove the clear cello. thats it, do not open or puncture the white package. the humidity vapors seep through the Boveda. it will have a jelly like feel to it. when the Boveda starts getting a hard, brittle feel to it, its out of water, and time to replace it. when you are over there, just drop me a PM when you need some more.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
PM sent brad, be sure to return it when the Humi is runnin low. God Bless.

On a side note, my wife was reading this thread last night and was brought to tears by the generosity shown here. She was asking if it was allowed for her to send snacks and stuff (once you get there. I said as long as there weren't any naked pics of her it was fine. Hit us with a PM, include any rules we need, and you'll get some snacks for your first desert herf.

Dave and Nicole

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brad, you asked about putting cedar in the traveldor. I find that when you first get cigar caddies, the foam inserts smell kind of "plasticy". I would wash them with a little dish detergent and water and let them dry, before putting the cigars in. I also use the Spanish Cedar separator sheets that come in a lot of cigar boxes in between each layer in my traveldors, as well.

Good luck over there!

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
BTW, one of my buddies found a way to get a brewski to his buddy out there if anyone wants the info.