What's new

Wine connoisseurs post your current favorites and vintage

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Question about decanters? What kind do u usE? I just have the standard fluted top
I picked up a decent one from Meijer for about $15. Pretty thick so no worries abour breakage. Very attractive and it gets the job done.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a bottle of '08 Running With Scissors (no kidding, that's the real name) Cabernet Sauvignon that was truly remarkable.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
cool thread. been liking the syrahs and petits lately. james david (aka colebass) makes a grea tsyrahs. i also like ravenswood lodi zin. my all time fav is the opus one zin. 1998 or 1999 would be nice.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think it's been on TV since cable was invented. I think it was on back in the late '60's to early '70's. Far more wine made it down his throat than into his recipes...

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
2008 Di Majo Norante Sangiovese $8-$11 depending on where I shop. I always cook with it and sometimes I put some in the food.
Very good value wine. Got mine through winelibrary.com. My review of this wine is below:

2008 Di Majo Norante, Sangiovese, Molise (Italy)

Color: Dark garnet with hint of purple.
Nose: Dark cherry and bitter chocolate/coffee dominates with garrigue like notes of rosemary and thyme at the back end. Vanillin and scorched earth properties.
Taste: Dark cherry and blackberries- good dark fruit up front. Bitter tannin with herbal flavors at the end.
Acidity: Medium-high.
Density: Medium bodied.
Finish: 20-25 seconds- not too short
Alcohol: 12.5%
Notes: 1 hour decant. After 2 hours wine became more and more bitter. Very good wine with good fruit and low alcohol and decent secondary characteristics. Super pairing with fresh pappardelle with bolognese sauce. Wine taste much better with food than alone. Wine struggles to contain alcohol though; even at 12.5% level. A little hot at the end. Maybe another
year in the cellar will polish it more. Crazy value wine!

Rating: 89 (AG-90) $7.98