What's new

Wineador Build

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Congrats I have my new air and LOVE it just one problem ... I need another one! Haha but nonetheless I did a lot of extra stuff to mine that you prob don't need

I had Forrest make me a custom box for my fans and I got water proof Velcro and Velcro'd it in the middle and the fans are attached to a timer that turns on every hour for the first 10 mins

This is optional most guys don't do it I just wanted to prob didn't need it

I also did the etc which is set to turn on once my fridge goes above 66 but it waits 10 mins before it turns on

I used beads from heartfelt about 2 lbs (I'm always in and out so wanted more to help with the rebound time)

I plugged the drain hole with silicone caulk odorless

And drilled a 1/2 in hole through the back to run all my wiring and caulked around it and it works like a gem!

If you need any questions let me know I'll try my best to help you

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

Here's an angled front view of the computer fans I found, as well a top view from behind the drawers. These pull air in from the gap below my bottom drawer and shoot it up the back giving a much better use of space than a traditional pass-through computer fan (IMO) and I got them cheap on Amazon.
Also, it seems you're proud of keeping the costs low. In that respect, consider the kitty litter route for a humidity media. Do a quick search here and you'll find all kinds of information. I use MiMi Litter, $4 for four pounds at Wal-Mart, and am going on one year strong. Others here have been doing the same for years. Just a note, I put the money in to heartfelt beads prior to that and was less than impressed seeing what my money bought. Could have outfitted 20 wineadors for the same price using KL and had the same results!

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have no complants with mine , May do another just for box's ....
I use a coffin full of KL and two bag full of KL, about 2 lbs KL and one Humida-pack in each drawer.
it runs like a dream, I never plugged the drain hole, but have never had a issue with the Temp or Humidity spiking......

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
The good news is that he will tell you the truth, he will actually respond, and he won't go beyond the deadline he gives you.

And, if it isn't a high-end, special order, he won't even ask for payment upfront.

Refreshing?
Ah, yes :)

Rating - 100%
49   0   0

Here's an angled front view of the computer fans I found, as well a top view from behind the drawers. These pull air in from the gap below my bottom drawer and shoot it up the back giving a much better use of space than a traditional pass-through computer fan (IMO) and I got them cheap on Amazon.
Also, it seems you're proud of keeping the costs low. In that respect, consider the kitty litter route for a humidity media. Do a quick search here and you'll find all kinds of information. I use MiMi Litter, $4 for four pounds at Wal-Mart, and am going on one year strong. Others here have been doing the same for years. Just a note, I put the money in to heartfelt beads prior to that and was less than impressed seeing what my money bought. Could have outfitted 20 wineadors for the same price using KL and had the same results!

i was considering KL until i saw a couple posts about having to train them and change them out a lot. I got nervous and pulled the trigger on the heartfelt beads. you seem more than happy with them so ill def give them a try if the beads dont work out. did you have to drill a hole for the fan set up?

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
... May do another just for box's ....
gotta feeling im going to have the same thoughts soon. been looking into buying more boxes and picking up a couple boxes of CCs as soon i find a reputable vendor. at the price i got the 280 im not against getting two of them lol.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0

i was considering KL until i saw a couple posts about having to train them and change them out a lot. I got nervous and pulled the trigger on the heartfelt beads. you seem more than happy with them so ill def give them a try if the beads dont work out. did you have to drill a hole for the fan set up?
Training KL is easy with a a couple Bovedas. Spray the beads a bit, throw in several Bovedas with the rH you want, watch things level to the Boveda rH, et voila: trained KL.

When the Bovedas get low, recharge them, and let then throw them back in and let them recharge the KL.

Nice and easy and low key.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Nice!!! Congrats now watch and see how fast you load that thing up it's like we keep going bigger to only say we need bigger haha .. I'm about to purchase my second one now

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I think the added fans Are over kill... I never plugged the drain hole, I'm using cedar try's right now been for years never pulled the trigger for drawer as much as I would like them... And I was using heartfelt for years until one day I dropped them on the floor and I switched to the clay beads spread out of the top middle and bottom and haven't looked back since ... Mine holds perfect at 66 just like I like it...