What's new

Wineador Questions HELP

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I decided to put in fans and a drain tube. Small step back but I think it will be better in the long run. I was getting some condensation so I added the fans and the tube. I should have sticks in it soon. I will definitely post pics! Thanks again to everyone for all of the help I couldn't have done it without you!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Update:

I had everything set up and ready to go. I put my cigars in the Winedaor and let it go. I noticed after a short amount of time that I was losing humidity very rapidly when the unit kicked on. I have researched high and low and can only say that most people say this is just the way it is. Having said that, I believe that the RH should go UP not down when the unit turns on. Some other members have suggested that maybe there is a leak. Today, after several weeks of watching, I decided to take the back of the unit apart and look for some kind of leak. I did notice that the heat sink was loose. I decided to take it out and put a bead of silicone around the area that the cool sink enters the unit. Hopefully this is the fix I've been looking for. More to come. And I promise there are pics with it loaded to come as well.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Humidity will drop when it runs. There are ways to minimize the impact, but there will likely be some fluctuation no matter what.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
What if it is dropping from 68% to 58%? If the same amount of moisture is in the air shouldn't the RH go UP as the temp goes down?
I'm taking a wild shot in the dark, but would the RH turn into condensation when run through the units cooling system? That would dry out the air being pushed into the unit and lower the RH.

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
I'm guessing that you never installed the ETC? What happens in FL when you are outside with a cold beer in a nice glass mug? Lots of condensation on the glass. Same thing is happening inside your unit. When it runs you have a cold metal plate (thermoelectric) inside the unit that your moist 68% air is being blown over. Condensation happens, removing water from the air, hence the drop to 58%. Its worse than it could be also because with out the ETC you are cooling down to the highest wine setting, instead of a cigar temperature so it runs longer and takes more water out of the air.

What if it is dropping from 68% to 58%? If the same amount of moisture is in the air shouldn't the RH go UP as the temp goes down?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm taking a wild shot in the dark, but would the RH turn into condensation when run through the units cooling system? That would dry out the air being pushed into the unit and lower the RH.
Good point! Condensation has something to do with it, but there isn't new air being introduced to the unit unless there is a leak, which is probably why I have so much condensation. I will definitely let ya know the results of the seal in the next few days. Hopefully, I will see less condensation and less of a swing in RH when the unit is running.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm guessing that you never installed the ETC? What happens in FL when you are outside with a cold beer in a nice glass mug? Lots of condensation on the glass. Same thing is happening inside your unit. When it runs you have a cold metal plate (thermoelectric) inside the unit that your moist 68% air is being blown over. Condensation happens, removing water from the air, hence the drop to 58%. Its worse than it could be also because with out the ETC you are cooling down to the highest wine setting, instead of a cigar temperature so it runs longer and takes more water out of the air.
Actually, I did install the ETC. I said I wasn't and then I took your advice! Glad I did too cause the unit runs alot less and I probably would have triple the already large amount of condensation that I do have. So what do you think? If I am using the ETC and it's still losing RH and I have lots of condensation...do I have a leak?

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
What temps do you have the ETC set for? Mine turns on at 72 and off at 68. By narrowing the range from the typical 5 Deg. it will run less each time, but kick on more often. Also make sure you are away from exterior walls if possible, and windows (sunshine).

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What temps do you have the ETC set for? Mine turns on at 72 and off at 68. By narrowing the range from the typical 5 Deg. it will run less each time, but kick on more often. Also make sure you are away from exterior walls if possible, and windows (sunshine).
I changed that too. I moved it up so to try and combat this issue. Currently on at 74 off at 71. It runs forever too which makes me think there might be a leak. We will see soon though. Thanks for the tips and I will continue to plug away! Oh and it is positioned on an interior wall and away from windows and sunlight. Thanks again brother!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well guys, it looks like I have a defective wine cooler. I called NewAir and asked if it was normal for the unit to take 40+ minutes to cool 4 or 5 degrees and they said "no". THe reason that I was losing so much humidity is because the unit was running for 40+ minutes at a time. The really bad news is that because I have made modifications to the unit, the warranty is VOID. So, it looks like I am going to have to buy another wine cooler. I am thinking about going with Edgestar instead this time. My dad has been looking into wineadors for a while now too and he has agreed to buy the NewAir from me because he doesn't need the cooling unit. All of you that have coolers other than NewAir, let me know what you think of them. Thanks guys!