What's new

Wineador Questions HELP

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I built my Edgestar about a year ago and she's still running like a champ!!!

I remember looking at this thread several times during my build. This is very helpful! I just ordered the Edgestar! I definitely learned a lot during the first build but I will make some changes this go around. I like the hot glue idea. Can you use that to plug the drain hole as well? How long does the unit run for when it kicks on? Thanks for the info!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Update

Well fellas I bought an Edgestar. It's been a month or so that I have had it running with sticks in it and she's doin great! I did make some changes to my first build one of which is the drain catch situation. I used OB Left's tubing method so that the condensation goes into a catch tray (a large glass plate) but I noticed it was filling up somewhat quickly. I was told that having a fan blow across the water would help it evaporate quickly thus keeping the RH more steady so I tried that. I found that it wasn't evaporating quickly enough so I placed a sponge in the middle of the plate to increase the surface area and BOOM she is rock solid at 65% all of the time!
Just wanted to update everyone. I will post some pics here soon. Hopefully this thread will help out someone that is thinking of building a wineador.