What's new

With a heavy heart...

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I remember one of first times I met Ara in person.
He was driving a few other BOTL’s and I around to a cigar event when I nearly said the lord’s name in vain before quickly stopping myself (out of respect that he’s a reverend).
I started to sink down in my seat in shame and he whipped his head around to face me with a stern look only to then bust out with laughter!

And that epitomizes our relationship even to the end.
I told him shortly after his diagnosis that I felt bad for banning him all those times and that I should have been banning cancer instead, to which he quipped “Yup, it’s all your fault”.

His last blog post is titled Beautiful sleep.
Ara - I pray you are now sleeping beautifully and “cigaring” up there with @openendstraight @Big Cle @TreeFrog Frank @rev.b et. al.

I love you and miss you brother. Save me a seat!

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Going to miss you brother!

Nothing cooler than 5 dudes in a convertible mustang rental rolling through a checkers parking lot before hitting up Andy’s...

We have had some amazing times over the past 10 years together...but none will top that, laughed pretty damn hard

Going to miss you but glad the pain is over. Keep an eye on us idjuts and hope you are having a Garo with the fellas right about now.

Thank you for everything for both me and my family.

We truly lost someone special...you will never be forgotten. Love you man

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Ara - I pray you are now sleeping beautifully and “cigaring” up there with @openendstraight @Big Cle @TreeFrog Frank @rev.b et. al.
E posted this and it struck me hard and I thought it worth sharing the history of "cigaring".
A number of years ago, I had to drive somewhere on a business trip and as I tend to do, I have a smoke or 3 on my road trips.
This particular trip home, I had to unexpectedly pick my young son up as I was getting back off the road, he was probably 6 or 8 years old at the time. My boys know that I smoke cigars but I didn't do it in front of them.
I picked my son up and he jumps in the car and goes "eeeewwww....were you cigaring in here?!"
I shared this funny story with our group chat friends and Ara laughed at it...and thus, the verb cigaring was born.
From that day forward, Ara asked us just about every day in our chat "Anyone cigaring?"
I will miss that.