What's new

worst cigar of 2012

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Smoked all vitola of the Duena, didn't like a single one either *shrug* different strokes for different folks.

Also, for me anyway (don't crucify me for this). Ratzilla. Really did nothing for me, was more bitter then I was expecting for a LP. Smoked 2 separate ones and both didn't flip my trigger.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
RASS and Duena were two of my favorites from the last year. Loved them both.

For me, Tat Wolfie, Tat TAA 2011, Some Kristoff maduro, EPC Inch, A. Flores (PDR) 1975 CE Maduro, The new Padilla Miami, and some the RP Candella

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
MUWAT (haven't tried the baitfish, yet), all of the surrogates with the exception of the bone crusher, Flor de las Antillas and La Duena are the ones that come to mind from the more popular brands.

There were a ton of new releases that I didn't try, I've been stocking up on old time favorites for most of the year, occasionally finding another stick to throw into the rotation.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Also, for me anyway (don't crucify me for this). Ratzilla. Really did nothing for me, was more bitter then I was expecting for a LP. Smoked 2 separate ones and both didn't flip my trigger.
I was able to get my hands on 2 of them and haven't smoked them yet. I had a feeling they'd need some down time so I plan on waiting a couple years before smoking them. Or maybe down time wasn't the problem and they just weren't your thing?

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
I was able to get my hands on 2 of them and haven't smoked them yet. I had a feeling they'd need some down time so I plan on waiting a couple years before smoking them. Or maybe down time wasn't the problem and they just weren't your thing?
They are already 3 years old (I think) I was told by multiple people to smoke em now they're in their prime.

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
WoW no way!!! One of my absolute favorites.
Maybe depends on the vitola he sampled? I thought the petite corona was crap and I loved the belicoso. Hit or miss?
Ah good point! I've only had the robusto. Guess I need to find a couple other sizes.
Tried almost all of them hoping to for my mind to change. It did not. PL was the worst of the bunch in my opinion.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
They are already 3 years old (I think) I was told by multiple people to smoke em now they're in their prime.
Hmmm, I was totally unaware of this. Looks like I'll be getting to them a bit sooner than expected. Thanks. :)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Hmmm, I really haven't smoked anything "really bad" this year in terms of just nasty cigars. I have had to pitch a number of cigars because they just didn't burn right--usually the draw was too tight--and that made them taste like crap (most recent were Padilla Dominus, Tat Fausto, Viaje Super Shot and Exclusivo Lancero, and for CCs two Cohibas, an HdM, Bolivar, and a Partagas). I've also had a few cigars that were inexplicably flavorless, but that happens sometimes. The one that REALLY bugged me was the Padron 45th that was totally meh ... that's one of my favorite cigars, and way too expensive to be a dud!

[Caveat: I do feel I have to say, though, that this was the first Fausto I've ever had with construction problems with, and I've smoked like 40-50 of them. One of the most consistent cigars for me.]

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hmmm, I was totally unaware of this. Looks like I'll be getting to them a bit sooner than expected. Thanks. :)
Don't let my thoughts taint em, enjoy em man!

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Rolled in January of 2011. They were released with the intent of being smoked "soon," DE didn't want them sitting for another year and losing something.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
MUWAT 6x60 and a Cain Nub maduro 4x66 (or some ridiculously huge size). Fat filler bombs are just not my thing, I guess.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
RASS and Duena were two of my favorites from the last year. Loved them both.

For me, Tat Wolfie, Tat TAA 2011, Some Kristoff maduro, EPC Inch, A. Flores (PDR) 1975 CE Maduro, The new Padilla Miami, and some the RP Candella
ATL I'll trade you for the rest of your 11's and wolfies!!! Lol

For me this year it was the Prensados (unsmokeable to me), EP Inches, and AVO Heritage ( used to love them too)