What's new

Worst Cigar Of The Year 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Zino 2011 Embassy Selection - I finished the stick, so it wasn't absolutely terrible. This is an example of me getting really excited about a stick and being completely let-down. The wrapper from the Davidoff 702 intrigued me. Didn't really like it, although I think with more age, this will be a better smoke. I enjoyed the 2010 Embassy Selection a lot more. The 2011 was extremely one dimensional imho.
Agreed. I tried two on a couple separate occasions at Casa and was completely underwhelmed each time.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
A couple others that disappointed: Gran Habano 2008 Gran Reserva. Loved them at the B&M.. Great taste, so I bought a box... About sixty percent have been plugged or just taste terrible. Big let down.

Also, davidoff Puro, de Oro. Awful, bitter, harsh and expensive and EPC short run 2011, it was just blah and boring IMHO.

Last edited:

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
there was one I pitched about an inch and a half in... I thought I even mentioned it on this board but can't find my post. it was no good, but sadly can't remember the name. Runner up goes a JdN Antano that I was able to drown out with a full bottle of some special Stag's Leap release.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I notice that there are a lot of expensive sticks on people's lists, which doesn't surprise me at all. I'm the same way--just expect more from a cigar the pricier it is. That's probably why most of my favorites are also the budget-friendly ones

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Didn't care for the MUWAT at ALL. tried 2 or 3 and got rid of the rest.

The first Undercrown I smoked was disappointing but I've tried a few others that have rested for several weeks and I'm starting to like them.

Had high hopes for both as Ligas are my favorite smokes.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i don't know what i would call the worst smoke of the year. had a couple i've pitched. i have had more sticks i would call major disappointments. all the hype and build up, then you try them and they are average at best.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Looking at some of the worst cigars of the year here some of you must have had one hell of a great year for cigars!
Indeed! Seems like many of the cigars out there today are quite good.

I would say that there were very few cigars that I had this year that were really "bad", a good handful that were "pretty good", a good handful that were "really good", and a select few that were "outstanding." I think that's a decent hit rate.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking at some of the worst cigars of the year here some of you must have had one hell of a great year for cigars!
x2

I'm shaking my head reading this thread. Wow ! I would love to see the list of smokes you had this year. Cigar smoking is indeed extremely subjective. Someone's favorite, another's disappointment. Either way, smoke 'em if you got 'em !

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just had one of these...jeeezus, what were they thinking? This is the worst cigar I have EVER had. Worse than the cheapy dog rockets I tried when I was new to cigars. Worse because these tasted just like them but cost me 30bucks for a fiver. These literally taste like smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.