What's new

Worst Cigar Tragedy?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I lit up a cigar after my daughter was born. Two drags into the thing and the wife yelled at me to put it out cause the smoke was leaking into the house.. Thank god it was just a montecristo white and not anything really special

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
My worst one was when I was coming back over the Mexican border into AZ, I was the passenger in the car and quite intoxicated from our day trip, so excited was I to finally find a monte 2 that was real and get the chance to smoke it, well I fell asleep and I wake up at the border a couple cars behind the checkpoint, so quickly I took the cc that was on my lap and shoved it in my shirt, not the smartest split second choice but it worked! Get over the Mexican border all excited like I was a professional mule now or something. So I take the cigar to inspect of damages and the wrapper had cracked all the way down it... Face palm moment... Then it gets even better, finally get home throw the stick in my humi hoping to god it's ok, come back to find it like 2x the size it was I guess they don't believe in humidity in Mexico, so I tossed it unsmokeable at that point, lessons learned from now on, one , don't buy cc's in Mexico, and two don't! Buy cc's in Mexico, price was crazy too

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Going to the Duty Free on my way out of Europe 6 months ago and deciding to risk it. Bought a box and just stuck it in my carryon.

Get to JFK customs. See a disheveled dude and think: "They're totally gonna stop that guy. I'll stand behind him."

I do. They totally stop that guy and wave me through.

The tragedy: all I bought was a 10-er of R&J #1s! Coulda had 25 Monte 2s or... ANYTHING! LOL.

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Was moving my wineador from one room to another. I thought to myself, "I should tape this shut." But I did not listen to myself.

As I was lifting it up, the door opened somehow and all the cigars fell to the floor. I tried to delicately and with precision maneuver through the cigars on the floor but even with my pantherlike skills, I managed to step on most of a box of Monte PE and a few RASS plus a few other randoms.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Was moving my wineador from one room to another. I thought to myself, "I should tape this shut." But I did not listen to myself.

As I was lifting it up, the door opened somehow and all the cigars fell to the floor. I tried to delicately and with precision maneuver through the cigars on the floor but even with my pantherlike skills, I managed to step on most of a box of Monte PE and a few RASS plus a few other randoms.
Ouch.

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I said to myself, "I should...", then didn't, and then reaped the disastrous consequences, I'd be a rich man. It's almost like the mere act of thinking "I should" is enough to cause the event to happen. And ALWAYS with my luck, I'd step on the box of Montes as well and completely miss the tin of White Owl Grape Blunts

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Not the "worst" tragedy but certainly embarrassing.

Early on in my cigar smoking career (like 3 or 4 months ago) I was at my B&M "enjoying" a Ghurka Ancient Warrior. Actually, it's an okay yard-gar, but I digress.

Thing just suddenly started unraveling on me. Wrapper fell apart, tobacco falling out.. just disintegrated. Did this happen when there was hardly anyone in there? Nope - it was packed due to a Hawks game. Lots of guys there sitting around, watching me furtively (and fail at) trying to salvage the smoke. I tweeted the picture to Ghurka and can't say I was pleased with their reply other than "that's not supposed to happen" and "thanks for being nice about it".

ghurkaancientwarrior.jpg

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0

Duuuuuude. I'd cry.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
My greatest cigar tragedy was the day I sold off everything I had. Idiot, idiot, idiot ... live and learn and jump back in.
I had to do that too. Wish I hadn't- there were some gems in there and some 8-9 year old cc's. Still makes me sad to think about all the good stuff I had that I'd love to be lighting up right about now.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Not trying to be a thread winner here but this ones mine :D Last September. (Friday the 13th) i had the house to myself. Twas a beautiful day out. Grabbed a fresh cut steak, glass of balvenie 12 year, and a UF4. The night was going great. Finished the above and poured another drink. Lit up an undercrown and decided to burn some trash off. (cardboard and paper only, so i thought) not even a half inch into the cigar the trash explodes with me right next to it! To the best of my knowledge it turned out to be my wifes (now ex) full spare can of hairspray. I'm guessing the kids were playing and put it in there. I remember still being on fire. Shirt, pants, and my right arm. Stopped dropped and rolled like a pro. I'm guessing i was in shock but relit my cigar. Went awhile before i realized how bad it was and needed to go to the er. Longer story short here's the outcome.

my arm by looking at it you can barely tell anything happened without knowing what to look for. Could've been a lot worse for sure.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I once spent money on a Gurkha...does that count as a tragedy?
Not if you handed it to a buddy who doesn't smoke cigars and listened to him rave about how wonderful it was and you laughed to yourself the entire night.

Cause that's what I do

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I once spent money on a Gurkha...does that count as a tragedy?
Not if you handed it to a buddy who doesn't smoke cigars and listened to him rave about how wonderful it was and you laughed to yourself the entire night.

Cause that's what I do
Karma is a mean mofo - hope you never get bombed with a cayenne infused cigar BWA HA HA HA HA