What's new

WORST cigar you have smoked in the last year?

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ok, for me it was hands down the Nestor Reserve Maduro.....so very disappointed in this cigar....it is a Nicaraguan and Honduran blend with a cameroon wrap which supposedly got a '93' rating somewhere...I prefer full bodied full flavor powerhouses (usually) which if you have seen this smoke you would think it would be a deep rich smoke...not even close. Not much taste to speak of, more nutty really, and the draw was way too lite...this cigar was wrapped so loose I felt as if I was sucking wind the whole time....so I thought to myself maybe there were a few bad seeds in this box...not the case, after smoking 5 I have given most of the others away. Anyone else have this experience? What has been your worst this year?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I tried a Buccanero Cameroon robusto size on the ride to work today. It tasted of old stock paper with little else to offer flavor wise. The strength was mild. 10-15 minutes into the stick I tossed it after trying to get past the 1st third. I could not force myself to take it anymore.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
That's one of the reasons I started on this forum...tired of wasting my time and money on smokes that don't deserve it. Thanks for the heads up!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have to say the LX2. I mena for the price andall the hype it was just an adverage smoke. Nothing that jumped out at you or made me want to pony up the cash for it when there are so many others in the price range that are so much better.

Of course taste is subjective and this is just my 0.02

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Acid Kuba Kuba.

Used to like these alot, my palate has changed though, last time I tried to have one with a friend I couldn't make it an inch.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have another...the Acid Nasty...YUCK! It looks like a big cone incense and smells like you are smoking potpouri! I didn't know which end to start at....made it 5 puffs total and chucked that thing!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
In CC's would have to be the RASS - I know brothers here love that stick but its just not for me doesn't suit my palate.

As far as NC's go didn't like the Padilla Churchill I had recently.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
In CC's would have to be the RASS - I know brothers here love that stick but its just not for me doesn't suit my palate.

As far as NC's go didn't like the Padilla Churchill I had recently.
Me either. The entire RA line does not agree with me. There is just something about their blends and age does not help. . .Except for the regional Eminencia. . .That is a good smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say the LX2. I mean for the price and all the hype it was just an adverage smoke. Nothing that jumped out at you or made me want to pony up the cash for it when there are so many others in the price range that are so much better.
+1... not worth the coin IMO...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The one that comes to mind, because I used to like them, is the Camacho Corojo. There were a few others whose names I conveniently forgot.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
RP 1990. I bought 2, couldn't finish the first one and have yet to muster the courage to try the other one in case I got a bad one. Left a really bad taste in my mouth!:tongueout

Ted

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I will try just about anything so have a tolerance to make it through one of even not great sticks. For me the one that I couldn't force my way past the first inch of the Davidoff winston churchill. It was the biggest one in the line and had high hopes for it but there is just something in Davidoff blends that I have never enjoyed. They use a tobacco that is just way to much out of my flavour profile

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
I will try just about anything so have a tolerance to make it through one of even not great sticks. For me the one that I couldn't force my way past the first inch of the Davidoff winston churchill. It was the biggest one in the line and had high hopes for it but there is just something in Davidoff blends that I have never enjoyed. They use a tobacco that is just way to much out of my flavour profile
MASSIVE +1
could not agree more!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah, I feel that way about Davidoff's as well...I don't see the appeal and they are WAY too pricey for what you get.....Also the Zino Platinums...don't get those either...had a nub size and the largest size (massive gauge) and both have very negligible flavors...very lacluster...