What's new

Worst ever?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My worst experience was with a Drew Estate Natural. Forget which one. My wife bought them for me. I couldn't even get an inch in. Had to spit after every puff and couldn't handle the perfume flavors. Gave the rest away to my brother in law!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I will clamp down and power through some bad cigars. I figure I spent money on them and I am not going to waste it. The two that come to mind that were so bad I would not finish them were the Noventa and the Alec Bradley Presado. In general I do not like Alec Bradley.

SteveHeaves

Not Steve
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As I was starting to get into cigars, someone recommended a Chateau Fuente Maduro. It had that bad ammonia taste that turned me off low-end Fuentes for quite a while. More recently, I had a Gurkha Cellar Reserve given to me by their (dickheaded) rep, and the thing had a knot in the middle so tight that I hurt my face muscles trying to draw from the thing. Went right in the trash.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
As I was starting to get into cigars, someone recommended a Chateau Fuente Maduro. It had that bad ammonia taste that turned me off low-end Fuentes for quite a while. More recently, I had a Gurkha Cellar Reserve given to me by their (dickheaded) rep, and the thing had a knot in the middle so tight that I hurt my face muscles trying to draw from the thing. Went right in the trash.
Gurkha has reps?

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Pure Dog Rocket:
Rocky Patel Evolution Maduro Robusto
"Problems, wouldn't recommend it, wouldn't give it away, don't ever buy."

My Not so dog rocket dog rocket:
"Padron Serie 1926 No. 1 Natural

Chocolate on the aroma of the clipped cap. A fruitiness on the cold draw. And initially some sort of awesome spice like baking around Christmas kind of spice. That note was so amazing. Well after that one puff this has been just about as bland as it could be. Its not mild its got strength to it. Put it down at 1445 there is absolutely no flavor in this thing. What the crap. It did perform pretty good though."

A year later...

"Padron Serie 1926 No.1 Natural

Starts with strong pepper. Some red pepper but mostly black pepper in the mouth and on the retrohale. It's not all bad, construction is pretty good. Flavor though is just about nil, again. Don't get 1926 Naturals ever again. 1964 over 1926 any day."

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My fake Cohiba I got at the first shop I was in St marteen haha. My fault for being a noob and not being able to tell, couldnt even get half way done. I was sitting there thinking, "why do people like these so much?" haha. Little did I know looking back and thinking about the band as well, it was a fake and a terrible one at that. Oh well, you live and you learn, probably smokes some rat hairs or something in that thing haha.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha because of all these Gurkha horror stories I have one that has been sitting in my humi for over a year just giving me the stink eye. When I first got into Cigars one of my best friends father in law gave me some cigars to try. Some were good like a Hemingway but he also gave me this Gurkha Vintage 2005. He gave it to me with quite a few years on it already and I just cant pull the trigger and give it a try. Im saving it to give to someone who doesnt smoke often lol.

Worst for me? A Macanudo I got as a wedding party gift for a friends wedding. I tried to make it through the whole cigar since everyone was smoking them at the reception. I made it about 15 minutes and put it down saying I had to go to the bathroom and just never went back outside to it. I went straight to the bar for some whisky hoping it would burn the taste out of my mouth.