What's new

Worst Food You Have Ever Tasted?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a degree in culinary arts and absolutely love food. We had a saying in school. "Try everything twice." You may have tried a food once that was terrible and tried the same food a second time prepared a different way that was much better. Have any of you had a food that you'll never try a second time?

I have only had two things that I have ever ate that I will never try a second time. 1.) Pickled herring. Such a nasty flavor and aroma. Slimy rotten tasting fish. YUCK! 2.) Pickled cactus. Who in the hell thought that would be a good idea. The mouth feel was like a giant flem ball.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Prickly least cactus- but it may have just been the "gravy" it was served in. Truly terrible.

Pigs feet, I can't even try it once.

I'm game for everything else.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
There isn't much I won't eat but two items I just can't wrap my head around? Head cheese (although I am re-thinking my position on this) and Rakfisk.

I love food and I like to consider myself an accomplished cook and someone very open to new food tastes and experiences. That being said, I can't begin to tell you how blessed I am that, from a food perspective only, I wasn't born in Norway or Finland.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Head cheese is great. In Germany they make something similar called Suzzle (sp?) that's pretty good too. The key to good head cheese is being there when it's made to know what is going in!

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Anything my wife makes.......:rofl:

In all seriousness, someone talked me into eating steak tartare........Not good!!

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I made the mistake of ordering a traditional Pho once. It had all kinds of weird parts in it and I was totally ok with that until I got to the blood cubes... The texture combined with the metalic taste was just horrible.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Also, I tried raw oysters once, and will never do it again. I love char grilled in NOLA, but I can't do the raw ones.
Going off topic I guess, but I can indeed eat my weight in chargrilled oysters from acme in Nola. Give me a two hurricane head start and I can go all night. Never remember what happens next, but I remember the food is great- one of my very favorite meals.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
i've never had pigs feet but i always want to try everything so i think i would try them if someone had them. I wouldn't go out and buy them myself. So if someone sends me a jar...
Noted.

I worked in a grocery store in high school and was carrying bags out for this nasty lady. She opens the jar of feet and starts chomping while I'm packing groceries in her car.... Still gives me the shivers 14 years later.