What's new

Worst Food You Have Ever Tasted?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Roasted seaweed chips from Costco. I was looking for a healthy snack, and read great reviews on Amazon, so figured I'd give them a try. Straight up? No way. Broken up over a salad? Yuck. Mixed into tuna salad? Gag. Added to a stir fry? Gross.

10 packs in a package and I threw 9 unopened ones away.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Roasted seaweed chips from Costco. I was looking for a healthy snack, and read great reviews on Amazon, so figured I'd give them a try. Straight up? No way. Broken up over a salad? Yuck. Mixed into tuna salad? Gag. Added to a stir fry? Gross.

I grew up on seaweed chips. (Raised by hippies) still love them.

Hmmm I seem to love a lot of things everyone hates.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

I grew up on seaweed chips. (Raised by hippies) still love them.

Hmmm I seem to love a lot of things everyone hates.
These where really greasy, and tasted like rancid fish. I later read that many folks didn't care for the Costco brand, due to all the added oils. Maybe another brand would have been more palatable, but I'm probably not willing to give them another try.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I made the mistake of ordering a traditional Pho once. It had all kinds of weird parts in it and I was totally ok with that until I got to the blood cubes... The texture combined with the metalic taste was just horrible.
I think that is northern-style. Still, I love that shit, Tripe, tendon, and all...

And don't get me started on menudo!! Delish!!
Yup, that was it. I don't mind tripe or tounge and I love menudo but those damn blood cube were awful. They were huge too, probably over a 1x1 cube. I still ate everything else and would order it again, just hold the blood.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I made the mistake of ordering a traditional Pho once. It had all kinds of weird parts in it and I was totally ok with that until I got to the blood cubes... The texture combined with the metalic taste was just horrible.
I think that is northern-style. Still, I love that shit, Tripe, tendon, and all...

Yup, that was it. I don't mind tripe or tounge and I love menudo but those damn blood cube were awful. They were huge too, probably over a 1x1 cube. I still ate everything else and would order it again, just hold the blood.
Do you like blood pudding or "black pudding"??

Rating - 100%
51   0   0

I am with you. Traditional Pho is awesome! Add a couple of wedges of fresh lime and it is way better than normal chicken noodle soup when you have a cold!

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
This sushi talk got me thinking how much I hate wasabi. Love all sushi. And I'm a big spice guy, so it's definately not the heat. But the flavor of wasabi I just can't do.

And don't even get me started on wasabi peanuts- waste of a perfectly delicious legume if you ask me. I know I'll be in the minority on this one.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
This sushi talk got me thinking how much I hate wasabi. Love all sushi. And I'm a big spice guy, so it's definately not the heat. But the flavor of wasabi I just can't do.

And don't even get me started on wasabi peanuts- waste of a perfectly delicious legume if you ask me. I know I'll be in the minority on this one.
Not necessarily. I love real Wasabi. The greenish crap you get at most places is a form of horseradish. Now, I love a good nut-stomping horseradish, but the faux Wasabi? Not so much.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Balut. I've had it three times. Fucking gross. And Nem Chua. Fermented pork. Ugh. I wanted to puke so bad! Lol.

I have eaten raw meat and organs I actually love it lol. I don't like eyeballs though. Raw or cooked. From any animal. Nasty. I love sushi. And steak tar tar. I've had some gnarly food. Some good some not.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When I was deployed I tried every random thing I could get my hands on in the Philippines, Singapore, and Japan. Out of all the random stuff I tried, the only one that I will never ever ever touch again were these fermented firefly squid marinated in their own ink I had at this super nice restaurant in Tokyo...it was one of their 2 delicacies. I managed to finish off the whole dish, but that was more because it was $40 a plate and after sharing one with a friend he offered to buy my drinks for the rest of the night if I could eat them all and keep it down. Challenge accepted!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
A Scotch Egg at a pub in Louisville. A hardboiled egg, wrapped in haggis, breaded and baked. Disgusting.

Never tried balut....and never will.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
A Scotch Egg at a pub in Louisville. A hardboiled egg, wrapped in haggis, breaded and baked. Disgusting.

Never tried balut....and never will.
Dude - you have to come out to Lisle/Naperville. Bavarian Lodge is consistently voted one of the top 10 beer restaurants in the US. Their Scotch Egg is hard-boiled, wrapped in sausage meat, breaded and deep-fried. Served with a good Bavarian mustard.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Probably smoked oysters from a can for me so far is the worst.
Did you light them with a butane lighter or a Zippo? HA HA HA HA

Nah, I'm with you. Not the worst thing by far but I used to enjoy them until I had fresh raw and char-grilled. Now the ones in the can just taste and feel like rubbery tubes.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Instant regret[/QUOTE]

When a food makes you look at The Human Centipede and think "doesn't seem so bad now" you KNOW it's nine kinds of nasty![/QUOTE]

That right there ^^ is one of the nastiest things I have ever heard hahaha

I got sick from pork tenderloin a year back and since then I won't even consider pork. Not bacon (I know, I know), honey ham… nothing. Hopefully I get over it but just seeing pork makes me want to puke these days.
I love me some oysters on the half shell and escargot though!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Not necessarily. I love real Wasabi. The greenish crap you get at most places is a form of horseradish. Now, I love a good nut-stomping horseradish, but the faux Wasabi? Not so much.
Wasabi peas. Love em.