What's new

Xii edición del festival del habano

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
El Laguito factory tour was first on friday. The were heavy into porduction of the new Behike Line. This is the only factory in Cuba where I have seen draw testers being used as well.

Next off was the La Corona factory. I have to get a copy of the first pick printed out as my "all access Back stage Havana" pass. The guy in middle is Trae Zammit ower of Smokin Cigar in Toronto. He has done a great job of knowing who to meet and how to find the right person to get you any where in Havana. The pic is of him in the shipping department of the factory where no one is allowed in. Finally La Corona was home to one of the best new cigars I had on the entire trip. The Short Robusto T's are awesome.

Final even of the day for me was the Opening of the new LCDH in the Havana Libra hotel. Was another great event which featured a rolling copetition, of which I got to be a judge. The winner of that was not Hamlet as many might suspect but Santos who is another great roller based out of the Hotel Commodoro. They also released the new LGC Cuban ER here as well. It was like a feeding frenzyI got the last of the 30 or 40 jars they had brought to the store that day. Some people were buying 3 or 4 of them. Really wish I could have brought more cigars home.:cbig:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Great pictures and a great event to attend by the look of it.

Caould you post up some prices for the jars and special boxes please. I'm going to cuba in april and need to look at budgets..:drool:

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
The jars were 246 CUC
The O'Reilly book was 587 CUC
Cohiba reserva selection was 400 CUC
The 10th anniversary club havana cigars are all sold out

That was pretty much it for rare boxes I picked up. Hopefully they will still have some of the LGC jars left when you show up as they are amazing. I got some great sticks there but I think those are what I am most excited about. Send me a PM before you leave and I can help you out with some places to check.

Where are you staying. A buddy of mine has a casa particulares you may want to check out. www.rogercasa.com
Posted via Mobile Device

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Friday was the last real day there. I kept it pretty quiet as it was the gala dinner in the evening. We went to one of the Great restraunts in Havana Doctors Cafe, because the the owner/Chef is a doctor, gynocologist to be precise. Rob Ayala was there as well, so you get the idea that it is kind of well known. I had a great turtle steak as I wanted to try something off the beaten path. The Gala dinner in the end is all about the Humidor auction t the end so I got some pics of those as well. Again they had the models serving cigars with the different courses, but this one decided to help me out and ended up giving me an entire second package of everything.