What's new

Xikar Xi2 vs. Palio cutter

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I need to invest in a good cutter. Glad I found this post.
Check out the devils site. The xi2 is always on auction there. And I havent looked in awhile but there use to be palios pop up too.

Think ive said it before in this thread but too lazy to search all the pages on tapatalk but I love my palio.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an xi3 cocobolo, which appears to be discontinued, that lives in the house and an xi2 that lives in my backpack. Love them, never an issue or complaint.

That being said, dang that Palio Carbon Fiber looks sexy!

Trout

Foe

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I lived in Kansas City when Xikar first debuted...I still own it, though it's long since been retired from cigar cutting...stuck with Xikar for many years until I won a Palio via a Dog Watch contest...now I use the Palio exclusively...the blade tracks so much more precisely in the Palio design, it's not even close...Xikar has some catching up to do...very excited for the release of the Palio in an all-metal body chassis...on a semi-related note, my Palio lighter hasn't impressed me...

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well, after reading this thread and doing my 20 minute online review, I just bought a Palio. I already own a xikar and why not have both. eBay just found a deal for the Palio cutter, case, and a jet torch lighter for 39.95 with free shipping.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've bought various cutters over the years, trying all different brands and the Palio beats them all. FYI their lighters are bad a$$ too.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I got my Xikar II a couple of weeks ago and love it. I don't have a Palio, so I can't compare. For the people who say that their Xikar cutters break, can I ask how often you smoke? I am a light smoker so I don't put a lot of strain on the cutter. Of course, I've also only used the Xikar a couple of times so I can't comment on its longevity but I do like the way it feels in my hand.

I guess I'll just have to buy a Palio to compare it against <grin>

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I am a xikar fan. I had a couple of the plastic ones and they would never really last but then got my hands on a xikar Mayan and it has never left my side. I cut every cigar with it and it's always perfect. It's metal and heavier than the plastic ones but works perfect.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Xikar Xi1 cutter and a palio. I prefer the compactness of the xikar and is a better on the go lighter but in prefer the cutting functionality of the Palio as it's just easier for me to use this style of cutter. The xikar can cut a larger ring guage cigar than the Palio...my Palio can comfortably cut up to a 56 ring guage and the xikar can cut up to apprx. a 60 ring guage.
Still a palio fan but after using the xikar zx cutter for several months, I would give it the nod over palio. I recently just picked up the xikar v cutter and that this is really nice as well.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Just thought I'd share my very first cut / experience with my brand new Palio cutter I got for Christmas. I attempted to cut a Oliva Master Blends 3, and upon cut, the blades cut through the cigar, then into themselves ....

If these pics come up blurry, dont understand what happened with uploading taptalk pics they used to be clean and crisp but last few posted up blurry, I will upload from my computer later today when I get home ...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen this thread on about every forum I've been on.

I've always been 100% Xikar, but as of late, I feel like my Xikars aren't cutting as clean as they should.
Maybe they just need cleaning/sharpening?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
There had to be a burr or some other imperfection in the blade. Because of the design, if the blades were properly honed and filed, they shouldn't be able to physically connect like that. Palio has a lifetime warranty, at least...

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Just thought I'd share my very first cut / experience with my brand new Palio cutter I got for Christmas. I attempted to cut a Oliva Master Blends 3, and upon cut, the blades cut through the cigar, then into themselves ....

If these pics come up blurry, dont understand what happened with uploading taptalk pics they used to be clean and crisp but last few posted up blurry, I will upload from my computer later today when I get home ...
Bummer get a new one

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how the Xicar looks but the blades shift a little when cutting and I don't like that. Palios are rock solid and don't deflect at all, giving me more confidence when cutting. Handy as a cigar stand.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried the Colibri CUT cutters? or any other Colibri cutter? I'm trying to decide between that or a Xikar Xi1

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I own a handful of the colibri cut, cutters.. I always seem to end up getting them as freebies in some way.. when I visited Corona in Orlando.. they gave me one that was branded with the Torano logo for free after I bought a bunch of of their house brand stuff from them... when I did Cigarfest a few years ago I got one that has a DE logo on it as a give away, etc..etc..

I like them OK.. for what you can pick them up for on cbid (usually less than $15.. sometimes less than $10..) they are the best thing going price wise IMO..

But.. they run a very distant 3rd (or even 4th) place behind palio and xikar IMO.. the action isnt as clean/smooth.. the blades dont retain their sharpness as well.. and every one of them I have ever owned ends up having problems with the springs after a while.. the cutter will still work.. but the springs "stick".. or fail all together...

again, not saying they arent worth having.. for the price I've paid for 3 or 4 of them (free).. theyre the best thing going... I treat them like ronson lighters.. and keep one everywhere.. (glove box in the truck, tool box in the garage, tackle box, etc..etc..)..

but.. if youre looking for something nice.. go with the xikar youre looking at..

the colibri cutter is the ONLY thing I would ever recommend from colibri BTW.. their torches SUCK ROCKS (IMO0...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're all crazy.. THIS gas station beauty is the one everyone wants!

Haha in all reality, I'll probably be putting a nice cutter on my Christmas wishlist this year!

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
You're all crazy.. THIS gas station beauty is the one everyone wants!

Haha in all reality, I'll probably be putting a nice cutter on my Christmas wishlist this year!
Dude! I'm jealous!

In all serious again, I was given a xikar Xi2 by a friend and I couldn't be happier. I am looking seriously at a v-cutter as my next, budget permitting.