What's new

Yellow teeth: Concern or IDGAF ?

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
So, survey says..... IDGAF. Lol. I drink a lot of coffee too and I brush daily. I have been noticing lately when I wear white T-Shirts that my teeth are super yellow. Guess it's time for a cleaning. I hate the dentist tho.
Dunno if anyone's told you, but t-shirts come in all sorts of colors these days.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I do care, but being that I've used to chew tobacco (which I've actually quit cold turkey a few years ago), plus drinking a lot of coffee, soda and everything else that rots your teeth and gums and everything else under the sun. I just brush my teeth daily. They never were "pearly whites" and always had a little tinge to them even after cleanings and all that crap. So I just accept them as they are.

Plus I hate going to the dentist period. Past few year I've had to go because of a cracked tooth, which was at some point years ago infected from the inside out and needed to be yanked. And had 2 of my 4 wisdom teeth pulled.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Got all 4 of mine pulled at Ft. Polk in 1972. (As if Basic wasn't bad enough!)
Luckily, the doctor gave me the choice to be shot up with novicaine and be awake for the festivities. Or put me to sleep for a little bit...which really took 10 minutes. I opted to go night night. I hate needles, especially ones that they want to jab to the roof of my mouth.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I do care, but being that I've used to chew tobacco (which I've actually quit cold turkey a few years ago), plus drinking a lot of coffee, soda and everything else that rots your teeth and gums and everything else under the sun. I just brush my teeth daily. They never were "pearly whites" and always had a little tinge to them even after cleanings and all that crap. So I just accept them as they are.

Plus I hate going to the dentist period. Past few year I've had to go because of a cracked tooth, which was at some point years ago infected from the inside out and needed to be yanked. And had 2 of my 4 wisdom teeth pulled.
Right there with you!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Got all 4 of mine pulled at Ft. Polk in 1972. (As if Basic wasn't bad enough!)
The first wisdom tooth I had "pulled" took about an hour and involved a chisel and hammer. Needless to say I expect to meet that butcher in hell at a later point. Oh yeah it was massively infected and impacted to add to the joy.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I asked my dentist. He said two a week, as long as you're regularly flossing and brushing, isn't an issue at all.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say up front that I do not make a cent from the sale of this stuff. I can only tell you from first-hand experience that it works: My Magic Mud.

Whereas most teeth whitening products and treatments make your teeth look artificially white, this stuff makes your teeth look naturally white.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Healthy adults don't lose their teeth. It tends to be thought of as automatic by people who have older parents/grandparents.

Back in the day, people took shitty care of their teeth. Flouride in water is relatively new. Those of us born since 1945 have had it since day 1 and it makes a big difference (you still gotta brush twice a day!).

That said, use a whitening toothpaste and preferably a whitening rinse after a cigar (non-alcohol based, since alcohol also removes the natural moisture from your mouth, and that can lead to certain cancers). See a dentist every 6-12 months. No reason your teeth have to be yellow, and no reason you ever need to have dentures. Not due to cigar smoking, anyway.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I want to say up front that I do not make a cent from the sale of this stuff. I can only tell you from first-hand experience that it works: My Magic Mud.

Whereas most teeth whitening products and treatments make your teeth look artificially white, this stuff makes your teeth look naturally white.
I started using something similar about three weeks ago, basically activated charcoal:

I also switched to a natural boars hair toothbrush, which is nice and scrubby and feels great. I add the tooth powder on top of a normal fluoride toothpaste and I've had awesome results. My teeth are noticeably whiter and feel really clean.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I started using something similar about three weeks ago, basically activated charcoal:

I also switched to a natural boars hair toothbrush, which is nice and scrubby and feels great. I add the tooth powder on top of a normal fluoride toothpaste and I've had awesome results. My teeth are noticeably whiter and feel really clean.
Same here, I brush about 5 times a day. Always after eating and I use the charcoal and sensodyne pronamel along with pre rinse each time.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Luckily, the doctor gave me the choice to be shot up with novicaine and be awake for the festivities. Or put me to sleep for a little bit...which really took 10 minutes. I opted to go night night. I hate needles, especially ones that they want to jab to the roof of my mouth.
Ahhh you missed out. I had a couple wisdom teeth removed about 10 or so years ago which required oral surgery and decided to get it done in Mexico to save about $8k.

The doc gave me the same choice, and not wanting to end up in a cold bathtub and short an organ, I opted for the novocaine. He wound up giving me 5 shots, which was way too much, but I appreciated the enthusiasm.

He also gave me a mirror to hold so I could "supervise his work," which appeared to my laymen's eye to consist of cutting open the gum, poking the tooth a bit, then ripping it out with some fancy needle nose pliers. He also used a big curved fish hook-looking needle to stitch up the gums, and had me hold it for him while he snipped the thread. Kinda thought I should be getting assistant pay.

Was a neat experience, would recommend, but expect to spend a few hours in secondary coming back as it's hard to explain why you are bleeding from the mouth while being all numbed up.

Op40

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
pretty sure if you go to the dentist twice a year you have no worries and use whiting tooth paste for extra measure. if you have sensitively issues hahhahh. use baking soda and vinegar