What's new

You guys were right, should have just started with the bigger one. (Igloodor)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice pick ups bro. Even though the beads are supposed to be (insert percentage here), it doesnt hurt to calibrate your HG.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick ups bro. Even though the beads are supposed to be (insert percentage here), it doesnt hurt to calibrate your HG.
Yes I agree. That's why I ordered the Boveda cal kit. Not so sure on the salt test. Because I don't know if the amount of salt/water I have in a 1g ziplock is correct. The Boveda would just save a lot of guesswork.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yes I agree. That's why I ordered the Boveda cal kit. Not so sure on the salt test. Because I don't know if the amount of salt/water I have in a 1g ziplock is correct. The Boveda would just save a lot of guesswork.
Thats the problem with the salt test IMHO, a capfull of salt with "some water" at your house is probably different than a capfull at my house. Boveda kit is a good way to go.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes indeed. I was wondering though, Boveda is not clear about their kit. They state that it can be used more than once.

How many times exactly can this be used before it goes bad?

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Thanks stroke. I do have the 65% beads.

If I remove the lower handle, the lid will drag when opening. I will probably make some kind of wooden frame to level it out.
If you haven't modified it any further thus far, I put mine with the drain down and removed the handle. The lid doesn't drag (I don't think). If you can, see if you can flip it over. Also, it looks like you took the handle off the "hinge" by the pic, but I may be wrong. I uncrewed the entire handle assembly and removed it from the cooli. Hope this might help!

Thanks.

I've got 3 walmart ones I'd like to check.
walmart hygrometers? I purchased one from there and it's not accurate at all, and I don't think it can be calibrated. So, make sure you get one that can be calibrated. If you're willing to invest, I'd suggest investing in a Savoy digital hygrometer. I never would have purchased one, but it was gifted to me in the SS last year. It's extremely accurate and I'm glad I have it! Totally worth the investment. However, if you're dealing with a limited budget like me, any calibratable hygro should do the trick.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't modified it any further thus far, I put mine with the drain down and removed the handle. The lid doesn't drag (I don't think). If you can, see if you can flip it over. Also, it looks like you took the handle off the "hinge" by the pic, but I may be wrong. I uncrewed the entire handle assembly and removed it from the cooli. Hope this might help!

walmart hygrometers? I purchased one from there and it's not accurate at all, and I don't think it can be calibrated. So, make sure you get one that can be calibrated. If you're willing to invest, I'd suggest investing in a Savoy digital hygrometer. I never would have purchased one, but it was gifted to me in the SS last year. It's extremely accurate and I'm glad I have it! Totally worth the investment. However, if you're dealing with a limited budget like me, any calibratable hygro should do the trick.
Thanks for the reply.

I actually can't flip it over, and have the drain face down. Because the way the lid would open from that point- will be too difficult to get to. I have little space. Where the cooli is right now, was the only space I had for it. So it's a little tricky.

In the first photo, I did remove the whole lid assembly, and just "propped" the cooler up a little.

Nope, the Walmart ones can't be calibrated. However I will just do a test with the Boveda kit. Then memorize how much off it is. This will only be short term of course. Until I can afford a better one. I don't have much more confidence in the Hygro' in the $20 range. So I'll save for a nice one. Along with a wine cooler. :halfgrinw

The Savoy looks very nice.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Stroke.

I just looked up that Savoy. I was under the impression it cost a lot more. Might make it's way to my doorsteps after christmas if money is left over.

This will be a good week, I've got a bunch of orders coming in. Once they all arrive, I'll finally take a photo of my coolidor with some sticks in it.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
instead of PG or cigar juice, i would go with Heartfelt Beads. You'll save yourself from a lot of headaches. I, too, did not seal the drain plug, but i did put weather stripping around the lip of the cooler under the lid. If and when you get a hygrometer also invest in a Boveda Calibration Kit (~$4) to calibrate it.
I totally recommend the beads. Pricier only in the short term--long term you'll save money by not buying several cheap but inferior options. I wish I'd have gone for the nice stuff right away.

By the way--i like the idea of the cooler on it's side, it'll be easier to organize and access your stuff quickly. Good idea!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Forget the shelves, buy things by the box and you get all the lovely cedar you want. Plus its fun playing box tetris in there.

Search for How to Coolidor I think is the title created here years ago.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly my FIRST box I've ordered showed up today. With Beetles! :sadpace:

Luckily the place I purchased from was very helpful and fast to respond. They are going to exchange my current box for a new one. Not without first inspecting the new one for beetles prior to shipping.

On a better note, another different order will be arriving tomorrow. I was hoping my Stinky ashtray would be here tomorrow as well, but it looks like it's not going to be until Friday.

I'm starting to feel a little worried about ordering sticks online after this situation.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Nice setup!
Might want to get an Oust Fan to circulate the air.
So, now we know how much empty space there is.......:stretchgr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup!
Might want to get an Oust Fan to circulate the air.
So, now we know how much empty space there is.......:stretchgr
I've actually been trying to find one. Walmart and Target don't seem to have any of the battery operated ones. They are all plug in ones.

However I was thinking it was okay as is, since I grab a new smoke every other day. So it somewhat exchanges some air in there.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Coolerdor is definitely in my very near future. I currently have almost 40 cigars in tupperware with boveda packs. My humidors are filled to literal capacity. I have all of my cigarillo sized cigars in "humidor bags" that I got from my local shop. It's ridiculous. I really need a cooler so I can keep my cigars bought by the box in their original boxes, and make some room in my humidors for all of the loosies I have. This hobby definitely takes up more space than any hobby I have ever had (and I would consider my 3,000 disk+ DVD collection one of my hobbies) lol