What's new

Your best travel tips...

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Admittedly, I haven't flown but once since 9/11 and I know there's alot more red-tape with flying and cigar-related items. I'll be taking only carry-on this weekend.

I know no lighters of any kind are allowed, but what cigar cutters? And should I need to re-band some of my smokes? Any and all tips appreciated.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've flown with cigars and pipes several times in the past couple of years. I put all my accessories (cigar cutter, pipe tool, etc - but no lighter) in a ziplock bag and place in my toiletries pouch. I then put this in my checked baggage. My pipes, pipe tobacco and cigars go in my carry-on. I've never relabeled my cigars and I've never been asked about them.

On arrival I'll pick up some matches or a disposable lighter for a buck.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I've had no trouble with putting cigars in my carry on. No need to reband, the gate screeners don't care. Their concern is if it will bring down and aircraft. You can't tell what type of bands on the xray machine.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just got back from South Beach went from LAX no need to reband I forgot my cutter on the way out to SB so I picked one up there and on the flight home no prob. the looked at it and I told them it was a cigar cutter adn the said no prob, and it was in my pocket :scratchhe but no lighter you can bring 2 books of matches :sarcastic

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
depends on the cutter and the screener... I had one taken in atlanta... and it was a cheapo so i did not care but still....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be good with a punch cutter not the most traditoinal way to cut a cigar but heck it puts a hole in the cap so you can puff away
the silver bullet type that goes on your keychain have seen them anywhere from $5 to $25 if it gets taken not as big of a deal as gettin a $50 one taken
my guess is also that they wont even know it has a blade in it

taking cigars on is no big deal I took some with me a couple weeks ago but idk about cuban my guess is if it aint gonna blow up on the plane your safe.

i sugest just buying some kitchen matches when you get there. I checked some books of matches and they made it home but idk about bringing them on.

have a good flight

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Heck, My problem is trying to figure out which cigars to bring, and to fit as many as I WANT to bring in my dang caddy! I forgot to bring the 5 count home and the 24 count doesn't hold no 24 cigars. Grrrr. Packing some up to take to work tomorrow and I'll transfer them to the 5 count and bring that too. I CAN'T WAIT!

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
you should bring atleast one handgun to the airport.
And rolling papers.

That way they will give you some personal attention.

Where is the "guy putting on a latex glove" emoticon? :stretchgr :stretchgr :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think they loosened the regulations recently but not everyone who works at the airport knows that. They keep changing crap, everyone is confused!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
don't eat mcdonalds in the terminal before you get on the plane :help: :popeyes:

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Ashy said:
don't eat mcdonalds in the terminal before you get on the plane :help: :popeyes:
:rofl: I'll never forget the time I drank a large cappuccino before taking off...

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
119   0   0
cutters are approved for carry on, or they were two weeks ago. Just put them in the carry on back and don't have them on your person.

and they don't give two craps about you having cigars, unless they're packed with C4. I didn't fly with CC's, but they didn't even check the ones I did have