What's new

Your Current Read

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I am reading "The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing" by Charlie Papazian that was lent to me by Seamus.

Next is going to be something finance/personal development related.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Al ... I'm only about 1/3 of the way, but it's a pretty good read so far. Lots of behind the scene details. Tony (the author) was a childhood friend of George Harrison (but he ran with John, Paul and Pete Best as well) and was basically the Beatles first "roadie". He then became a quasi assistant manager and talent scout under Brian Epstein.

I'm at the part now where Yoko Ono is coming into the picture <insert nails on chalkboard sound> :lookaroun

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
"Concrete Blond"...Can't remember the author. It's one of those detective series from the late 80's or so. Good book, really enjoying it.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
windowrx said:
I'm reading "We Were Soldiers Once...and Young"
GREAT book.

As for me- "London Bridges" by James Patterson

and

"A Bondwoman's Narrative" which is a novel written by a former slave, Hannah Crafts, was discovered by Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and is believed the only novel written by a slave before being emancipated.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
"Windows on the World Complete Wine Course" 2006 Edition

I'm trying to learn a little more about wines. I hear this is a good place to start.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
jcgoldner said:
"Windows on the World Complete Wine Course" 2006 Edition

I'm trying to learn a little more about wines. I hear this is a good place to start.
I should really learn about some wines, I really know nothing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jwrussell said:
"Concrete Blond"...Can't remember the author. It's one of those detective series from the late 80's or so. Good book, really enjoying it.
Connelly

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Transact-SQL Programming for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 /7.0 and Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5 ... a real page turner ... cannot wait for the movie to come out.

The Life of Pi has been sitting on my nightstand forever....

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
geoffrie said:
The Life of Pi has been sitting on my nightstand forever....
Not meaning to poke fun at your movie reference, but isn't Life of Pi what the movie Pi was based off of or am I smoking crack?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
caudio51 said:
I am reading "The New Complet Joy of Home Brewing" by Charlie Papazian that was lent to me by Seamus.

Next is going to be something finance/personal development related.
That's next once I borrow it from a coworker. Right now I'm rereading some of my Tom Clancy/Jack Higgins books.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Bible.

I haven't read a novel (or a paperback for that matter) in years. Sybase is up to v11.5? A program we use is on v8.0.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
Einstein's Dreams
Einstein's Dreams was chosen as a common reading selection at the University and I found it fascinating.

I'd heard that a musical was made from it a couple of years ago.

Can you imagine?

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
Not meaning to poke fun at your movie reference, but isn't Life of Pi what the movie Pi was based off of or am I smoking crack?
What you smoke out of your humidor is your business ;-) but these are two different things.

Pi the (very good) movie is about a over-the-edge mathmetician and a plot to determine the alogithm to the stock market ... among other things ... as I recall.

Life of Pi is a allegorical tale of a young lad stuck in a liefeboat with a tiger.