What's new

Your First

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oh boy my first "cigar" was a blunt. But my first "real" cigar was either a macanudo or a CAO Brazilia. I think it was the macanudo.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My very first was a Backwoods back when I was in college. It was pretty much backwoods, swishers and the occasional Dutch Master back then. Through the 80's and 90's I would have an "It's a boy" or "It's a girl" as a celebration cigar every now and then but that was about it.

Then in 2003 I had the chance to have dinner with the president of DeWalt Tool while on a trip to Germany. After dinner he bought Cuban cigars for everyone in the group. I believe that I ended up with a Cohiba but I honestly can't remember for certain since I knew absolutely zero about brands at that time. All I know is that I finally discovered what a "real" cigar was and suddenly had a whole new appreciation for them.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Garcia Y Vega.. I bought a 5 pack from Walgreens in the late 80s...

Then stepped up to the generic Honduran 20 mazo packs that Walgreens sold for about $12 in the early 90s...

By the time the "boom" hit in the 90's I had already graduated to "real" cigars... But it was mostly NC RyJs, Cohibas, Partagas, etc...all very common sticks.. And only an occasional smoker...

When the boom came.. I got turned on to Padron and Fuente pretty early on... And never looked back... (Although I still occasionally enjoy an NC RyJ, HdM, etc...)..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Montecristo #2 New York City a first for both.17 yrs ago and 3 cigars were $78.00 at some huge but very nice cigar lounge.................yeah ass raping I know lol but fantastic smoke all the same while sitting on a massive rock in central park beside the plaza watching the world go by and people watching:)....................HOOKED!!!

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My friend brought back a "cuban" from France when we were 16 and claimed it had some other stuff rolled into it. It was so dried out because he hid it in a shoebox from his parents. I liked it enough to bum a Hav-a-tampa off his neighbor's boyfriend a few months later.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my first cigar at 16. It was a Bering Imperial that I had stolen from my father. Definitely an interesting experience, but I'd waited until turning 18 to try another.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mine was a "Cuban" I picked up at a grocery store in Akumal, Mexico when I was down there for my 40th birthday ten years ago. What the hell did I know? But it must have been good enough to make me want to come back for more...

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Swisher Sweet. I think I was 15 or 16. First real cigar was an H Upmann Rothschild in about 1995 I think. Loved it. Down hill from there.....

There was a JDN stick I used to love back then... that was the one that got me to love cigars. Can't figure out now which one that was... anyone remember those old JDNs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
My first was a Arturo Fuente Double Chateau (I think. I know it was a Fuente with a light wrapper and a green band around the bottom of the label), given to me by a friend's dad when I was 16. Loved every second.

Lost my dinner about five minutes after I was done. Still thought it was worth it. Thats how I knew I was in love!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Another cheap walgreens/gas station blunt vote here. Probably a Garcia Vega or Swisher... My first hand rolled cigar was a Fuente when I was about 16-17... I don't remember the vitola and at the time I know I didn't care all that much... My buddy used to pocket them from a restaurant in town that had an unguarded and unlocked humidor; he would hand them out when we would have band practice or hang out... Ah, memories of a misspent youth... Ha ha.

brandoncpm

BoM Nov '13
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
A couple Fuentes my wife brought back from a missions trip in the Dominican. Followed by a siglo iv on our honeymoon. That's the one that got me hooked

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Yep...Like a few on here I was 14 and took a "Backwood's" smoke from my grandfather and smoked it while fishing on a river bank. At that time I thought it was hot shit and so I smoked quite a few of those when I could get my hands on one. From there it was an occasional Swisher and then It was a RP Edge Light that got me hooked on the real deals. Of course now I don't consider that a premium cigar but it steered me in the right direction...The rest is history!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
first "cigar" was a swisher perfecto. or rather, six of them. it was my high school graduation party, i was fifteen, what did i know?

my first CIGAR? bolivar CE. exGF had family in canada, and her mom (god love her) brought me back this beautiful little robusto. i was 17, it was honestly wasted on me, but it was glorious. spun me, but it was glorious.

first cigar that "got" me? fuente hemmi signature. had been dabbling through a local's humidor, and one of their guys recommended this as one of the best. first cigar i found myself getting into taste, texture, aroma, actually smoking like a cigar, and thoroughly enjoying. and they still bring a smile to my face.