What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@bostoneo - How's the Germain's Royal Jersey Lat? It seems to get mixed reviews.
And is that CB Grape an experiment or a recurring thing? I threw one in my recent P&C order, too. No sign of it having shipped, though (5 days since ordering).

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
@bostoneo - How's the Germain's Royal Jersey Lat? It seems to get mixed reviews.
And is that CB Grape an experiment or a recurring thing? I threw one in my recent P&C order, too. No sign of it having shipped, though (5 days since ordering).
No idea how it is, haven't smoked it. I just know it's rare

Cb grape I heard was actually tasty so thought I'd test it out sometime.

Check your pc account for order status... mine shipped same day I ordered.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No idea how it is, haven't smoked it. I just know it's rare

Cb grape I heard was actually tasty so thought I'd test it out sometime.

Check your pc account for order status... mine shipped same day I ordered.
I would have snapped them up, too. The description says vanilla topping, but some people on TR say apple. I like aro-lakatia blends, but not sure about apple.

Yeah, it says "processing". I wrote to them today to check up on it. Maybe they're waiting on the HHVS so they can ship all at once. They don't usually do that but if they know it's on the way, fair enough.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Estate sale score today. They had a bunch of pipes listed but I couldn't make it because of work so my wife went early and got in line. Mad rush for the pipes when the doors opened and she was 9th in line There were a group of stems I wanted but they were snatched up first. A guy had grabbed the pipes and took two that I was wanting then set the try in front of my wife so she could see better. She picked up the entire tray and said thanks I'm buying them all.

Scored two old bent Petersons with the hallmark stamps on the sterling silver bands. One is a bent meerschaum. I'm out of town so I don't have any pics yet but I can't wait to see what they are. There was a couple Soren pipes, Butz Choquin, and others I can't remember. Overall she did really well. She ended up leaving the Medico and Kaywoodie pipes behind and buying 13 for me.

She said there were meerschaum pipes which I am not really into restoring or smoking. I don't know how to identify meerschaum pipes and many don't have markings and I can't tell what is quality and what is crap. She decided to go back and look. They were all snatched up except for this amazing look one made by Yunus Ege. I told her to get it. Only pic I have right now but I'll post the other pipes when I get home tomorrow. Pretty excited to have some new stuff to work on.
IMG_3567.JPG

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Here are some pics of yesterday's score. Unfortunately a couple of no names but that's ok. My wife is awesome for going to get all this for me. I could use some help on the Petersons. I'm going to clean the Sterling silver tonight and get a clean look at the markings. They both are stamped Peterson Dublin Sterling Silver followed by three hallmark stamps. The meerschaum has chips around the rim of the bowl which is disappointing but it isn't too terrible. IMG_3568.JPGIMG_3576.JPGIMG_3569.JPGIMG_3570.JPGIMG_3573.JPGIMG_3574.JPGIMG_3582.JPGIMG_3578.JPG

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Here are some pics of yesterday's score. Unfortunately a couple of no names but that's ok. My wife is awesome for going to get all this for me. I could use some help on the Petersons. I'm going to clean the Sterling silver tonight and get a clean look at the markings. They both are stamped Peterson Dublin Sterling Silver followed by three hallmark stamps. The meerschaum has chips around the rim of the bowl which is disappointing but it isn't too terrible. View attachment 100908View attachment 100909View attachment 100910View attachment 100911View attachment 100912View attachment 100913View attachment 100914View attachment 100915
Not sure about the Meer, but the other looks to be a Deluxe System:
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=167771