What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Tandy Leather has a sale going on so I picked up some leather to make my hanging pipe rack. I made one about a month ago that I wasn't particularly happy with but this one came out a little better. I'm teaching myself so I screw up a lot. If I do another it will be better.

]
dude, i dig what you are doing there, nice concept. if i may make a suggestion, the collar/ strap that holds the briars in place, could you position it at a slant? myself, i would worry about the horizontal orientation, maybe something getting jostled out of place and falling. still, VERY cool idea and presentation. you wanna post any more of those, or a tutorial, please do! o)

also, on topic, a small pile of gaslight coming in on kev's most insistent recommendations. kinda had to.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sorry about that, wasn't trying to derail the topic, I bought the leather specifically for the rack so figured it could go here... Also picked up a tin of Peterson Sherlock Holmes which I don't care for so if anyone wants it please speak up and a pipe off of ebay by Hucks pipes. Haven't smoked it yet but it looks ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Sorry about that, wasn't trying to derail the topic, I bought the leather specifically for the rack so figured it could go here... Also picked up a tin of Peterson Sherlock Holmes which I don't care for so if anyone wants it please speak up and a pipe off of ebay by Hucks pipes. Haven't smoked it yet but it looks ok.
dude, you may have made it, but it qualifies as a pipe pick up, and a damn nice one at that! i just can't help, seeing your ideas, that my wheels start turning.

also, that "huck's" looks like a stubby little work horse, very cool. o)

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So what's everybody think of gl peases gaslight any comparisons/similarities to other blends
It's great! Seriously worth a tin or 10! It is most often followed by the words penzance. While I haven't smoked enough of either to say either way, I'll be buying as many tins as I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So what's everybody think of gl peases gaslight any comparisons/similarities to other blends
It's great! Seriously worth a tin or 10! It is most often followed by the words penzance. While I haven't smoked enough of either to say either way, I'll be buying as many tins as I can!

They make the 8 oz tins in this? Or just the little ones?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   0

They make the 8 oz tins in this? Or just the little ones?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
Nope 2oz tins only, I don't think any plugs come in a large size... You get 2-1oz plugs per tin.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
It's the first pipe tobacco blend that I'm buying multiple tins of to "cellar" if that's any indication. I really like it & think age will only make it better.
I'm almost strictly a tin guy so I need to get on this.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
SPC Boner...

I also find it hilarious that the post says I'm strictly a tin guy but SPC is that good folks.. Next bulk buy will be Plum Pudding.
Do you keep it in the ziplock or transfer it to a canning jar? If a jar...what size should I get for 16oz of tobacco(fluid ounces are different than weight in ounces)?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
SPC Boner...

I also find it hilarious that the post says I'm strictly a tin guy but SPC is that good folks.. Next bulk buy will be Plum Pudding.
Do you keepp it in the ziplock or transfer it to a canning jar? If a jar...what size should I get for 16oz of tobacco(fluid ounces are different than weight in ounces)?

I was able to fit it into a large Mason jar; a lot of pushing and packing was required though. I really think jars are the best option.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So my wife just came outside and asked if I'm going to buy more pipes or just use the one I'm smoking right now. LOL. I guess she hasn't noticed that I have a few already. :D