What's new

Your most disappointing smoke of 2010?

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Um... 46, Face, Skull and Bones II wasn't so fun either.

The Rocky Patel 15th is still mind-boggling, the retail version of the Gran Habano Azteca is also problematic.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
For me, it was a 2010 release Opus X Super Belicoso. Right off the bat, it was a very powerful smoke and never let up. Initially, I was going to trade them all, but have since decided to put them to sleep for 3-5 years and see how they're doing at that point.

Jeffrey L.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I really didn't groove the Viaje Holiday Blend 2009. It's not that it was bad, it just tasted weird to me. I was expecting a lot more based on the hype.

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
For me it was 2009 opus x ( perfecxion x and #5)These were the only two opus I've smoked any both had no flavor. They both were the blandest cigar I remember smoking. The other ones I have I will not be smoking for a while.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Anyone sticking new Cubans or Opuses (or Añejos) on this list is a bit off, as I think most agree that all of these almost always need age when released.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Anyone sticking new Cubans or Opuses (or Añejos) on this list is a bit off, as I think most agree that all of these almost always need age when released.

Aren't the Behikes aged for quite some time? I have heard nothing but superlative reviews on every one.

Personally I blew through my Boxe(s) of 56s in two weeks. :tiphat:

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Aren't the Behikes aged for quite some time? I have heard nothing but superlative reviews on every one.

Personally I blew through my Boxe(s) of 56s in two weeks. :tiphat:
I don't think they are aged (in the non Cuban sense) after rolling. They use aged tobacco, unlike most CCs though.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can't remember if the Punch Uppercut was released this year or last year, but that is my most disapointing cigar of 2010. I love sumatra wrappers, but this was just a bad cigar to me. The construction was great. It just wasn't good.
I agree. I received 2 at a cigar/brew fest and will let the 2nd sit for a bit. Rearranged a humidor this afternoon and put it in the bottom so it can rest. It smelled very promising on pre-light but didn't deliver. Maybe it was just a bad tastebud day for me.