What's new

Your most disappointing smoke of 2010?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
most disappointing smoke I've had this year. San Cristobal. Just not flavorful. And at $15 a stick..
Give the San Cristobal Seleccion del Sol a try. I didnt like the first San Cristobal I smoked, but enjoy the SdS.

For me I think the most disappointing were the Tat tubos, both red and black. I had a few blacks resting since they came out. I heard they were better with time. For me it was a big let down.

The red was a similar experience. I really like the regular run reds, so I figured the tubos would be great. I have 8 more that are going to sit for a while before I smoke them.

Both of them had horrible burns, and didnt draw well.

For the budget stick, it was the Padilla Cazadores. Worst cigar I have had in a long time.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I see allot of people mentioning both the Drac and the Face as their biggest let down of 2010, I've smoked two of each in the last month and a half and thought both were fantastic, even though I didn't expect much out of the Drac after what I'd heard. Suppose that just means more for me :)

As far as the worst/most disappointing cigar I've had in 2010, the PAN 44th takes the cake. I've heard fantastic things about this cigar from several people, but when I went to smoke it, it was nothing more than an acrid tasting dud. To a lesser extent, I also tried the RP winter 08 - the only RP cigar I've ever heard people say GOOD things about - and was thoroughly unimpressed.

To each their own I suppose.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Tatuaje "The Face." I found it to be uninspiring. The "Drac" didn't do anything for me either. I find many of their mainline releases far better than either.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DPG My Father. The Le Bijou version was a lot better. Also very disappointing were the later releases of the Fuente Rosado Series. The first shipment of boxes was fantastic, but later sticks have been uniformly disappointing. :sadpace:

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I agree. I received 2 at a cigar/brew fest and will let the 2nd sit for a bit. Rearranged a humidor this afternoon and put it in the bottom so it can rest. It smelled very promising on pre-light but didn't deliver. Maybe it was just a bad tastebud day for me.
Was it by chance the festival in Jackson, TN?

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
+1. I smoked a few My Fathers I got from Cbid about 3-4 months ago, and I was highly let down. Then last week I smoked 2 Le Bijous hoping for a step up, and they were fantastic!
I couldnt disagree more! Ive had a couple my fathers in a couple sizes and they were all GREAT (IMO)...

Now for me the biggest dissapointment for me was the DPG JJ Maduro!
I had been sitting on it for a long while too and it just missed the mark.

themoneycollector

Ermagherd Sergarse
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I didn't like the Murcielago at all and the Tat Black Torp was my biggest disappointment because it was no where near what the OR's were. The Esprit Verite was way too expensive and bland.

And it's a close call with the last 2 monsters.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I didn't like the Murcielago at all and the Tat Black Torp was my biggest disappointment because it was no where near what the OR's were. The Esprit Verite was way too expensive and bland.

And it's a close call with the last 2 monsters.
This is what I love about cigars. Different smokes for different folks...cuz I LOVED the Murcielago. I'd say it was one of my surprise smokes of the year.