What's new

Your opinion on GOF cigars..

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have had a few. Excellent construction. Firm draw. Good strong cigar. Spicy blast with a sweet black cherry taste. A very enjoyable cigar. Way too xpensive for the experience. I pick them up at the Big Smoke for a donation to the Fuente charity.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I rather enjoyed the one I smoked. I had the don Carlos Blend, I still want to try the Carlito blend really bad, I need to locate 2 of them.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
As Chuck said, decent cigar with lots of spice. I bought a sampler box at Casa Fuente in Vegas. I will say they are mighty proud of em, way overpriced.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I bought a sampler box at Casa Fuente in Vegas. I will say they are mighty proud of em
That goes for pretty much everything in that store now doesn't it! You put it very well, they are "proud" of their stock. But with that being said, I would be too if that was my humidor!!! :halfgrinw :rofl:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first tried a GOF-2005 robusto by Carlito and had the wrapper fall apart on me and my brother in-law. Then I tried the Don Carlos and stuck with it. I smoke one about once or twice a month because my wife bought me four boxes for christmas. The construction is beautiful as well as the band. The flavor is just fantastic after a steak dinner and that's usually the time I smoke them.

But, all in all, I'm more of a Don Carlos GOF-2005 robusto kind of guy!!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Did not know that I could not bump this page??? Thread starter clearly stated that a review was of request. If the reply has harmed you in any way... my appologies!!!
You didn't do anything wrong. As a new guy, you're excused for not be familiar with our premier douche nozzle.

jkorp

~-{B'lieve Hon}-~
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMO...

GoF is way overhyped. I don't like to base my opinion on just one smoke, but you have to make SOME kind of a 1st impression, and the GoF did not.

I was given one in a PIF / MAW. I was expecting something close, or comparable to an Opus experience. What I got was a smoke maybe worth $4to $5, not $10-$20.

I'm not a Fuente whore, infact I really only like Opus and Anejo, because they are pretty damn full flavored and bodied. But I haven't had any other Fuentes yet that I've liked, or maybe I should say matches my prefered flavor profile, and GoF is one of them.

I hope to try a Casa Fuente one day, I've got a feeling these will be awesome.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Well, mr douche breath is now banned...

Anyhow, i've got a few of the carlitos awaiting a nice summer evening. But i've heard several people complaining about wrapper issues and very few people saying they had no problem, good construction, etc. I msu tadmit i'm a bit nervous about these wrapper. I'd hate to have spent $22 a peice for these thing only to have em unwrap like a christmas present.

I guess i'll hope for the best.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
IMO...

GoF is way overhyped. I don't like to base my opinion on just one smoke, but you have to make SOME kind of a 1st impression, and the GoF did not.

I was given one in a PIF / MAW. I was expecting something close, or comparable to an Opus experience. What I got was a smoke maybe worth $4to $5, not $10-$20.

I'm not a Fuente whore, infact I really only like Opus and Anejo, because they are pretty damn full flavored and bodied. But I haven't had any other Fuentes yet that I've liked, or maybe I should say matches my prefered flavor profile, and GoF is one of them.

I hope to try a Casa Fuente one day, I've got a feeling these will be awesome.

jkorp, Have you ever tried any of the hemingway line or don carlos line? For the money these might be the finest cigars around. I also love the sun grown lines as well by fuente. These lines were the first and what really brought AF to such popularity. Give them a whirl and I don't think you'll be dissappointed.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Not as much as I hate the F'n "How Old Are You" thread and my lock request has been in for months, I wouldn't hold out much hope Benzo.
I think the "How Old Are You" thread will live forever, Just like you Ken. :waving: :rolling: