What's new

Your opinion on Leftovers

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been wondering about this topic myself... I smoke often in my office and I find myself relighting when I get caught up on a phone call and the stick goes dead. I hate it but it happens. I can't find myself tossing a stick if it's only been dead a few minutes. I resuscitate.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
If it's been cool for more than 10 minutes I usually can't be compelled to relight it. This is why I have so many different PCs and TPCs. I rarely have the time to smoke a larger cigar anymore.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nope, never. Hell, if i have to relight a cigar to many times while I'm initially smoking it due to to much conversation I pitch it and start fresh.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Most my smokes were smaller like petite coronas for 60 minutes or robusto for 75 minutes to enjoy them fully. I never re-lit them the next day if I could not finish, just fired up another one. Larger ring gauges or length were planned where I had enough time to enjoy them so not to be wasted.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Nope, never have. I have set it down in the ashtray and looked at it the next day. After the morning dew and FL humidity, they look pretty gross to even try.

Rating - 77.8%
8   2   0
I am with Ncost. Too many relights ruins a stick and a next day relight...noooooo....I have tried it and instantly threw it out, yuk

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Only twice in my life. My first cigar after an 8 year hiatus (I wasn't really a regular smoker before) was an overhumidified Cohiba that I left outside overnight after struggling through the first third and again after the 2nd third. And a '96 Ramon Allones 898 that my wife "accidently" smoked half of - but she did save me the second half.
Life is too short to relight old cigars.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've done it but you need to do a few things before relighting to at least give it a chance....let it almost smoke itself out and then purge it with a few puffs. Get your cutter and cut it back until you don't see any burnt area at all. If you want to leave it for the next day put it in a ziploc by itself and don't put it back into your humidor or you'll risk stinking it up. You won't get the same taste as before but you can at least get it to about 60% of what it was. Also, this is a reason why cigars come in vitolas for those who sometimes will have to leave their cigars. Robustos are popular for this.
I must smoke too slow. Robusto stake me like 1hr 30min. Lmao.
Lol...dude...I'm unlike most where I can make a Robusto smoke about 2 hours without having to relight....talk about getting my moneys worth!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Im a slow smoker too. I was burning a Cabiguan Guapos Jr. today after an hour. I did have to relight once though it sort of just went out as I had just taken a puff. Had a cracked head from the start but I was able to manage.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I never smoke left overs, not put them back in my humi like people I know being that I hate the smell it carries and does to my sticks .. But that's just my personal preference.. BUT what I do do is leave the stick to die out and if I can get back to it the same night I will continue otherwise I ditch it

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've smoked cigars after they've been sitting there a while (only when I finish all the cigars I have with me and am too lazy to go get another one.)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have noticed a lot of famous people do this. Ron Pearlman said something like a good cigar can be relit the next day. In his CA issue. Arnold showed up with a half a cigar in a Baggie to his CA interview. I had seen an online article saying it's common for him to just grab what he didn't finish last night the next morning. Stalone does the same thing. Interesting trend.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have noticed a lot of famous people do this. Ron Pearlman said something like a good cigar can be relit the next day. In his CA issue. Arnold showed up with a half a cigar in a Baggie to his CA interview. I had seen an online article saying it's common for him to just grab what he didn't finish last night the next morning. Stalone does the same thing. Interesting trend.
Maybe they want the look of a smoked cigar, without smoking them due to local restrictions...

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
If you're going to smoke a cigar, smoke it. If you don't have time, don't. If you get cigarrus interruptus, and have to make an unscheduled pit stop that's longer than 30 min. or so, that sucks. But I'd pitch it and find a freshie.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Old thread bump. A few weeks ago I got drunk and lit up my only OR las mareas. Got through half of it. It sat outside in an old cigar box for a week before I pitched it. Hated to waste it. I have successfully relit a next-day warped once though.