What's new

Ziplock Bag Storage

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Speedy is 100% right here and I will make a case in point here to disprove some of the long winded responses about "fresh air".

Opus x boxes are sealed with a Boveda like pack included. I have seen them sealed for YEARS with absolutely NO issues. If you try to tell me that the plastic is permeable enough on the box and thus allowing "fresh air" exchange I'll tell you that you are full of shit. If you are opening said ziplock every month or so to grab a stick you are more than adequately "airing" them out.

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
This is not about me being right, it is just about misinformation, people come to forums like this to ask questions in a "safe" environment. To each his own opinion, however some options are not fact based.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
The only time I had an issue with a boveda touching my cigars was when the pack itself failed. That was mostly my fault from recharging them so much. I think for the most part you are safe.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was merely relaying this info from another thread just a few days ago....

Nice!...just as a heads up the boveda can physically lay on top of your cigars and not hurt them at all, but those cedar pack holders are pretty cool regardless.
That's what Boveda advertises, but from experience, you don't want that boveda touching your cigars if you can help it. When I did that, I had over-humidified cigars with burn issues.

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I was merely relaying this info from another thread just a few days ago....

Nice!...just as a heads up the boveda can physically lay on top of your cigars and not hurt them at all, but those cedar pack holders are pretty cool regardless.
That's what Boveda advertises, but from experience, you don't want that boveda touching your cigars if you can help it. When I did that, I had over-humidified cigars with burn issues.
Not to get all technical, BUT, boveda is a two way humidification system, so if you are using the proper boveda, you will not experience the issues that are described above

Boveda offers many choices in humidity

Choose your boveda carefully

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha, got it, thanks.

I responded to his post the other day "ah good to know"

I'll respond to your post with "ah, good to know"...and walk off a little confused, ha.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha, got it, thanks.

I'll respond to your post with "ah, good to know"...and walk off a little confused, ha.
Confused about what ? I will clarify for you so the misinformation can be cleared up
Well, either StogieNinja just imagined that happening to his cigars or the other answer is it is possible for problems to arise in certain situations.

Im not particularly worried about the answer as Im not asking about putting my cigars in a ziplock, nor do I forsee being faced with an instance where I'll need to put a boveda on top of my cigars.

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Ha, got it, thanks.

Confused about what ? I will clarify for you so the misinformation can be cleared up
Well, either StogieNinja just imagined that happening to his cigars or the other answer is it is possible for problems to arise in certain situations.

Im not particularly worried about the answer as Im not asking about putting my cigars in a ziplock, nor do I forsee being faced with an instance where I'll need to put a boveda on top of my cigars.
I can not speak to his issue, and since you don't see yourself in that situation, let's just let it go