What's new

12 Ronsons for $17!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Good catch, I tried to look it up before posting but didn't see any definitive answer. So, I just called Ronson and their customer service didn't know because it's not a current product and they just recently bought the company a few months ago. She then gave me a number to a service tech out of California that has some experience and he wasn't even familiar with the product and said it must have been made out of their England facility/company.

So who the hell knows??? Oh well, they're still cheap! LOL

Last edited:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
With that said, does any company promote their butane soft flame lighters as being a BLUE FLAME? I am not aware of that...

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The more I think about it, I bet the JetLite just replaced the Amero Lite since they are kind of the same name and are both torch lighters. I bet the picture shown above is just a bad picture of a torch flame and the current JetLite picture is just an updated version.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
^ Could well be. Only mention I can find for these is in old forum posts from 6-8 years ago. I guess if it is a softer flame, the bright side is that I might lose a few less of these (than Jet-Lites) to TSA.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The description itself right on the Shnoop page says:

"These Ronson Amero Lite butane torch lighters let you light up in style!"

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
A CF post on Oct 23, 2004 titled Ronson Amero Lite says:

"Found 6 of these for a buck a piece. Great torch lighter for the money. Refillable with flame adjustment. Kinda like a zippo, but a butane blue flame torch. Factory direct for $5.50 on the Ronson website."

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Another forum post on June 25, 2009 says:

"The local B&M just started carrying the Ronson "Amero Lite." It looks to be a fancier version of the jet lite. at six bucks it's more expensive, but I almost never go to Walmart. I couldn't help but pick one up."

I would say, these are torch lighters :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it's confusing. As I said, I haven't used this lighter myself - if the manufacturer's old site doesn't say much, but if the photos are accurate, which they are for the other two lighters, it's sort-of a torch just low-profile flame, not the same as the long jet torch flames. Or, a really crappy artist.

I was contemplating about ordering myself, but I found the lack of mention of the product on the manufacturers website odd and that it was being closed out by an internet clearing house etailer kind of curious along with someone's question elsewhere about if they were or weren't torches, was enough to make me go spend the 5 minutes to go find the product in the archives.

They might very well be some sort of torch, I dunno.

All in all, for me, it's enough doubt that for basically the same money, I can just order the lighters from DealExtreme and I know exactly what I'll be getting.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and BTW, to be honest, for the massive amount of BOTLs who have gone and ordered these, I hope the speculation about possibly being a safety lighter or ultra-low heigh torch is wrong.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I ordered these yesterday and gave my poopal. It thanked me for the order but when I checked my email there was no conformation. I checked the site today and it has no record of my order! At least I didn't get charged.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Sorry to hear... I used Poopal too and my order processed. I guess you just have to have money in your Poopal acct, how crazy is that?!? :)

Rating - 95.2%
20   1   1
I got mine and i have to say this has to be the WORST case of shipping i have ever seen. All 12 lighters and display were throw into a box and shipped. Nothing at all was included in the box, no packing materials nothing. All the lighters are beat to hell and a bunch of them have some sticky shit on em. I cant say id ever purchase from this company again. Im not sure how these lighters are going to hold up to lighting thicker cigars, we shall see. I will mess with em tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Got mine today as well. The lighters were differing styles. Seems they had the lighters separate from the displays. They just grabbed a handful of lighters and then an empty display box and threw them in a box for shipping...

One lighter was DOA..

Still, for the money paid, not bad

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I would love to get my hands on just one of these lighters, If any one is willing to let one go LMK.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
TG,
Not a crappy artist. Very accurate depiction. Soft, low, blue flame. I got what I paid for. Not complaining. Won't be bragging, either.

How many u want, jim?